• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel OCS 2015 quotas

f.williams

Hello all,
I was wondering what the quotas look like for fy 2015? Is there any demand for intel Os at the current time and what are the odds of getting picked up for a non tech degree? What were the recent stats of some selectees for 2014 fy?

my quick stats below...

MA Security Studies 3.9
BA 3.2 Pol sci
Lots of extracurriculars and awards
College d 2 sport
2 Honor societies, 3 scholarly societies, lots of volunteer work
2 years work experience as manager/analyst, supervisor
OAR 45 (retaking before March 15 board)
many other things to long to list

Thanks in advance,

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Grad degree is a good thing. And I have to say that based on the backgrounds of my fellow 1830 Ensigns, the whole "prefers tech degrees" thing is somewhat overstated. No idea about quotas or anything like that.

f.williams

I see, thanks for the info. Hoping to increase OAR substantially, didn't study the first time. Hopefully some other things in my background will compensate as well.

exNavyOffRec

the search function is your friend on this site.

quotas are fairly steady year to year which is about 40-50, they tend to shoot for a split of 60/40 tech/non tech degrees, FY 15 guys are already in OCS

general qualities of those picked up are some of the following: tech degree, high GPA, active duty or prior service, graduate degree

what is more important to you, being an Intel officer or being an officer in the USN, you may qualify for more than just Intel that has a much better chance of selection.

f.williams

Thanks for the info...

I will need to decide that.

What exactly can I do to make my application stand out more besides increasing my OAR, can i schedule interviews with intel Os for recommendation?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info...

I will need to decide that.

What exactly can I do to make my application stand out more besides increasing my OAR, can i schedule interviews with intel Os for recommendation?

an OAR isn't going to do that much, but some interviews may help, it is very competitive and many who had extremely good application are not picked up.

f.williams

Yes i understand. I feel like my recruiter isnt being 100% truthful about how competitve it really is.

Guess the best I can do is just try an get good interviews to help my app. Can you reapply multiple times?

And, what are some of the profiles of people being picked up within the last year?

Any additional info helps, thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Yes i understand. I feel like my recruiter isnt being 100% truthful about how competitve it really is.

Guess the best I can do is just try an get good interviews to help my app. Can you reapply multiple times?

And, what are some of the profiles of people being picked up within the last year?

you can apply multiple times, but unless something significant changes in your application you will be at a disadvantage.

see my earlier post for profiles of those picked up, and that is generally what has been picked up for the past several years.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Make sure that you do some digging on here and research what intel actually is before you apply as well. A lot of people are pretty disappointed to find out that it isn't just geopolitics with a security clearance, or that they won't be James Bond, probably won't work with SEAL team, etc etc.

f.williams

yes, of course, Im sure it can be mundane at times as is anything.
Now the challenge for me is finding intel Os in my region to see if I can setup interviews.. I live in Ohio.

exNavyOffRec

yes, of course, Im sure it can be mundane at times as is anything.
Now the challenge for me is finding intel Os in my region to see if I can setup interviews.. I live in Ohio.

The Intel Officers I worked with all pretty much did the same thing, they sat in an office and read reports, they took that information and made briefs for people from those reports, sitting at a desk, in front of a computer.

LFCFan can probably give more input from what he has done or others he has known have done.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E

I got picked up last week for SWO-IW with a non-tech degree, 3.5 GPA, and no prior service. Had outstanding LORs and a decent OAR, plus a pretty bangin' moto statement. Hard to pick a recipe for who gets selected. Make your package as good as you can and cross your fingers.