• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Do you remember which BB it was, by any chance?
Gator, I believe it was the USS New Jersey...but I may be mistaken. Also, I believe I'm mistaken when I had mentioned earlier that one of our HSL-45 DET 13 crew had landed on the bow of the BB...landing on the stern would make more sense since there's a helo pad at that location.

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gator, I believe it was the USS New Jersey...but I may be mistaken. Also, I believe I'm mistaken when I had mentioned earlier that one of our HSL-45 DET 13 crew had landed on the bow of the BB...landing on the stern would make more sense since there's a helo pad at that location.
SH-3-Sea-King-helicopter-265.preview.jpg

5280d1156351555-iowa-class-battleship-issues-bbnjstern.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Did that H-3 have the proper Resume pub? Not one, but both H-1s landed forward of the Foul Line? And did anyone fill out the ORM sheet on the possible damage to the H-2?

Cowboys. Just make sure you all have submitted your ASAPs, okay?

jmcquate

Contributor
F6F is one of the few WWII aircraft that I've never seen fly. You don't see them at airshows. I think there are only 3 that are still airworthy.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
F6F is one of the few WWII aircraft that I've never seen fly. You don't see them at airshows. I think there are only 3 that are still airworthy.
I shall dig through my air show photos for you this weekend if I can find time. I know I have several of the F6F.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
^^^
Nice shoot'in, Jack!

Not to be outdone by picklesuit, here are our kid units (and bonus mad dog pic!) shooting at the local range. They're shooting my S&W 5946 9mm which was my duty weapon when I was a Cincinnati Police Officer ('04-'06). I purchased my 5946 as well as my badge when I resigned from the Cincinnati Police in '06 to return to Delta Air Lines following a 5 year pilot furlough. Our son, Max, will inherit my 5946 while Hannah will inherit my badge which is sterling silver. NOTE: Regarding the bonus mad dog pic...yeah, I know...my stance looks nutty but that's the way the Cincinnati Police trained me to shoot...wide stance for stability.

Daughter Hannah...

Son Max...

Bonus mad dog pic!

My Cincinnati Police duty weapon S&W 5946 9mm and Cincinnati Police Officer badge...

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Someone from your training staff must have been enamored with the FBI of the early 60s.
Agreed.

The Cincinnati Police Academy (the department has their own in-house training taught by Cincinnati Police Officers) seemed to be somewhat old school. I enjoyed the academy quite a bit...it reminded me of AOCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.