• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

But if one designator in the IDC is holding on to their results due to filling quotas ( or just taking a long time to review everyone) doesn't that mean that the other designators should release them? Also, wasn't this the first IDC board for selecting FY 15 applicants?

If that was truly the case then yes that is what they would do, they did that last December.

It isn't, FY 15 applicants have or are about to graduate OCS, people selected last December are some of those that are considered FY 15

Lincoln Clapper

Trying to apply for the December board. Going to be cutting it close. Might have to wait till March. I've had a bunch of setbacks with paperwork because I have asthma. Anyone run into this nightmare? I feel like I might not get accepted because of the skepticism I'm getting from this whole process.

Applying for: INTEL, IW, SWO
24 years old
Civilian
No prior service
B.S. Kinesiology (3.4)
M.A. International Security (3.9)
OAR: 53
Played 4 years collegiate baseball.
Elementary proficient in Arabic

EthansCure

Quick question: Does everyone applying for September Board undergo a Security Clearance Background check (Priors and Civilians)?

Case and Point, I had my Security Clearance check done over 2 months ago by a Contractor employed by the US Government through USIS website. I figured all was well and done, however, I did find it interesting that most of the references and contacts I listed were merely interviewed over the phone and not in person. Although, I assumed that it was simply due to me being a law-abiding citizen and overall good guy. Unfortunately, the actual FBI contacted me late last week and stated that the government has terminated their contract with the company that did my background check, since they streamlined the process. I met with the gentleman a few days ago and received texts today from contacts stating that he or she just met for an interview with the FBI. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this set-back in the past couple weeks. I was curious if the Security Clearance had to be completed before the Board selects? If so, perhaps this dilemma could be a factor in contributing to the delinquency of the results, just a thought...

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
and that would be one of my concerns.
Worst part for the applicant if this were the case is that it would mean a reconsideration letter and a significant improvement in their application to be able to reapply inside of a six month window after receipt of non select status. Aka a royal pain in the a$$.

Last edited:

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I said earlier that INTEL has become an accession program for naval aviation. I'm an IS1 my last 3 DIVOs were dropped from flight school and then given Intel.
I would have to agree that the opposite of what you said is true (although I understand what you meant). Aviation is a recruiting mechanism for Intel. This is how the quotas fill w/o a board.

exNavyOffRec

I said earlier that INTEL has become an accession program for naval aviation. I'm an IS1 my last 3 DIVOs were dropped from flight school and then given Intel. This is where all the quotas for intel officers go.

They pretty much stopped that program, starting several years ago most who drop out of flight school go home, we would get several drops who attempted to redesignate and all said just a few were given that option.

exNavyOffRec

I'm in a P8 squadron and I know 3 hear at NAS jax that just left Intel school it is still very common

That is not good news for those wanting to go IDC, before that is what really sunk peoples chances, the guys that we had at our NRD before they were discharged only had 1 or 2 in their group applying for redesignation actually get it, and that wasn't necessarily IDC