• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 IDC DCO Boards

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
That makes sense.

Did your recruiter let you in on what your interview scores were? Things look about what they were a few years ago so you need to be getting 10's.

I would say your biggest drawback is lack of experience, they re-wrote the program authorizations a few years ago and with any reserve IDC designator they say they want "significant civilian experience" (significant is essentially 10 years), and "quantifiable record of leadership, management, or supervisory experience".

I would poke around this site and look at the profiles of the civilians that were picked up in the past several FY's, I would also ask your recruiter what the background of those picked up are that he/she had submitted from the NRD your OR works at.

The nice thing is if you keep doing and growing in your civilian job you will just keep becoming a better candidate.

I believe the were in the 9-10 range, the processor wouldn't release my scores to me for some strange reason. On another note, the OIC and the two senior officers (One O-5 and one O-4) were very impressed with my credentials. Actually the O-5 that was in my first board was present for my second board and I know for a fact that he had recommended me with the highest regards.
Well hopefully the CISSP and Security+ certifications as well as the new job make me look even more competitive.
Can't wait for the next board.

exNavyOffRec

I believe the were in the 9-10 range, the processor wouldn't release my scores to me for some strange reason. On another note, the OIC and the two senior officers (One O-5 and one O-4) were very impressed with my credentials. Actually the O-5 that was in my first board was present for my second board and I know for a fact that he had recommended me with the highest regards.
Well hopefully the CISSP and Security+ certifications as well as the new job make me look even more competitive.
Can't wait for the next board.

Yep, and the nice thing about people going for reserves is that the more experience you gain the better candidate you become, I still think the biggest hurdle at this time for you would be the 10 years experience and management experience.

das

Contributor
Your NRD definitely has the results, and has since last Friday. If for whatever reason your recruiter doesn't have them, he/she should know how to get them from CNRC.

Just checking on everyone's status that got selected. Where are you at in the process? I finally started my physical yesterday and have the second part next week. I'm hoping to still commission by Thanksgiving.

Spacecadet

Just checking on everyone's status that got selected. Where are you at in the process? I finally started my physical yesterday and have the second part next week. I'm hoping to still commission by Thanksgiving.

I'm still waiting on my physical. I turned in all med docs about 2 weeks ago and now just waiting on a MEPS date. Did you go through MEPS or private?

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
Just a word of caution, I would recommend not going the Concentra/private route for your physicals. It was always supposed to just be an option for doctors/JAG/chaplains and funded by the NRD, but I was able to get applicants that paid for their own physical approved. However, just saw on a recent medical letter a note that highlighted this isn't an approved method to obtain a physical, so I would expect physicals from this route to start being disapproved soon. The only locations where an applicant is supposed to complete a physical is a MEPS, Military Treatment Facility (MTF), or NAVOPSPTCEN.

Spacecadet

Thank you the heads up. I actually just had a physical a week ago through my federal employer and was wondering if I could just use it. But, I don't mind doing MEPS again for this chance.

MJZAV

Hi everyone, I was selected for IW this past DCO board. I talked to my recruiter yesterday and just turned in my Ready Reserve Transfer Request Service Agreement (moved to a different state after I applied). I was told my commissioning paperwork should be received soon and I need to provide a name of the officer who will be performing my swearing in oath. So hoping to commission in the upcoming weeks. I have an active clearance and had a physical done from when I applied for the active duty IDC board last September.

Spacecadet

Quick question.. How long after going through MEPS do you officially know you are good to go? I got the ok from the Dr. the day of and got all 1's on the profile. I went last Monday, but didn't hear of anything so far about needing anything else. After that, I'm just waiting for the finsel and comdocs.

Just curious... Where is everyone in the commissioning process? I have finally finished my medical stuff and now awaiting Bureau of Medicine approval and then big Navy approval. Last I heard was that everything would be final by late January. Anyone else in the same boat?