• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ISIS has MiGs...and fighter attack pilots are wso's!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Amusing, with scotch. Enjoy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/38451849...to-fly-3-captured-fighter-jets/#sp=show-clips

Lea Gabrielle
204_lea_gabrielle.jpg

Lea Gabrielle serves as a general assignment reporter for Shepard Smith Reporting (3-4PM/ET) on FOX News Channel (FNC).

Before joining FNC, Gabrielle was a military reporter for KNSD-TV (NBC 7) in San Diego, CA. During her tenure there, which began in September 2011, she reported on national security and military stories, as well as on breaking news. Additionally, Gabrielle has interviewed President Barack Obama in the White House and has covered numerous stories such as the Chris Dorner manhunt, the lifting of the ban on women in combat, and the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Previously, in 2010, Gabrielle was a digital journalist at NBC in Washington, D.C. where she worked primarily for NBC Nightly News, the Today Show and their associated websites.

A graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Gabrielle served as a fighter pilot and intelligence operations officer in the U.S. Navy from May 1997 to June 2009. She flew the single-seat, carrier-based F/A-18 "Hornet" aircraft in combat operations, and later deployed with a U.S. Special Operations Team as an intelligence operator supporting combat missions. She continues to volunteer as a guest speaker and emcee for charitable and promotional events supporting members of the military, their families and veterans.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Amusing, with scotch. Enjoy.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/38451849...to-fly-3-captured-fighter-jets/#sp=show-clips

A graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Gabrielle served as a fighter pilot and intelligence operations officer in the U.S. Navy from May 1997 to June 2009. She flew the single-seat, carrier-based F/A-18 "Hornet" aircraft in combat operations, and later deployed with a U.S. Special Operations Team as an intelligence operator supporting combat missions. She continues to volunteer as a guest speaker and emcee for charitable and promotional events supporting members of the military, their families and veterans.

So how does a F-18 driver go on to be an "intelligence operator"? Did this girl get her wings pulled?

robav8r

None
Contributor
There are less "visually appealing" folks to watch on the news these days or, should I say, news enteretainment.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
See page 5 of 8, sub paragraph 12 A, Classification B (1).

I've watched her while I was in San Diego and she was actually pretty decent for a local news station. But I always wondered why she transitioned and couldn't find the details.

And holy crap, has she been Fox-ized. I thought she looked better in her more natural state, but that's my thing, I guess. Reminds me of this:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
She was interviewed on "O'Reilly," she said that there was one jet slot in her class so she had to be at the top of her class to get it.
Far be it for me to accuse myself of being God's gift to Navy Air or anything, but if your Primary NSS is the highlight of your bio, it's generally not the sign of a successful career.

Speaking as someone with plenty of experience on both the top and bottom of various NSS curves. [insert Kama Sutra joke here]

Random8145

Far be it for me to accuse myself of being God's gift to Navy Air or anything, but if your Primary NSS is the highlight of your bio, it's generally not the sign of a successful career.

Speaking as someone with plenty of experience on both the top and bottom of various NSS curves. [insert Kama Sutra joke here]

I don't know if it is the highlight of her bio, I just thought I'd throw it out there as food for thought. To a laymen like me, it sounds like she would have been a skilled pilot, but I don't know how that works out while in the fleet.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was discussed in another thread, but to my recollection, she did not fare particularly well in her first tour. Folks who redesignate after one tour have usually received unfavorable FNAEB results or been unable to earn their required community ACTC quals.