• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intros and updates

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Since it's been dead here, I thought I'd start a thread. Newer people can introduce themselves, those who've been around a while might want to update.

Husband-- an HSM pilot-- and I are still loving Stuttgart, Germany. Even though most people leave their joint jobs early, we are going to end up staying almost the entire 36 months. In our first 21 months living in Germany, we hit 25 countries, many of them multiple times. That pace will slow down a bit, but we've got a lot more travel on the horizon before we leave late summer 2015. The travel opportunities here are amazing.

Then we will have what feels like the world's most complicated PCS back to the States for about 8 months, and then we are headed back to Atsugi, Japan (which is where we lived before Germany). Another OCONUS tour wasn't what we were expecting, but we know it will be great.

What's everyone else up to?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thanks, Villanelle! I thas been super quiet round these parts.

PenguinGuy, a SWO, is currently at NPS. He will be here for just under another year before heading out to Newport, RI for more schooling. After that, it is totally in the Detailer's hands! lol

I am currently on 'maternity leave' from drilling with my unit due to my OB not wanting me to travel the long distance to the drill site since I am due to give birth to PenguinBoy in about 8 weeks! PenguinGuy and I are both super excited about this. Oh, I also quit my civilian job a couple of months ago. I have to say that the transition to SAHW was harder than I anticipated.

Really, outside of the impending entrance of PenguinBoy, not much is happening in the Penguin household. :)

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Since it's been dead here, I thought I'd start a thread. Newer people can introduce themselves, those who've been around a while might want to update.

Husband-- an HSM pilot-- and I are still loving Stuttgart, Germany. Even though most people leave their joint jobs early, we are going to end up staying almost the entire 36 months. In our first 21 months living in Germany, we hit 25 countries, many of them multiple times. That pace will slow down a bit, but we've got a lot more travel on the horizon before we leave late summer 2015. The travel opportunities here are amazing.

Then we will have what feels like the world's most complicated PCS back to the States for about 8 months, and then we are headed back to Atsugi, Japan (which is where we lived before Germany). Another OCONUS tour wasn't what we were expecting, but we know it will be great.

What's everyone else up to?

Not sure if you are still in Stuttgart, but the restaurant at the Graf Zeppelin was superb. https://www.steigenberger.com/en/ho.../steigenberger-graf-zeppelin/restaurants-bars