• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2014 Supply Board

jmeff

If you got an email stating that they received your package then as long as there are no errors and all the information is there it will go up for the next upcoming board... But stay on top of it. I ended up missing a board because one of the back pages were missing from evals and I guess they forgot to email me to send in the eval and when I called my packaged missed the board because information was missing. I ended up sending it in and it was automatically submitted for the next supply board. The number that jmeff is referring to is going to be your POC for the entire time of submitting packages up until you receive your orders to go to OCS. So you can call them and ask them any questions regarding your package, if the board convened ect... So don't be afraid to contact them. As active duty you are most certainly on your own due to the lack of knowledge for OCS. Not to mention, civilians have Officer Recruiters to handle their packages whereas active duty does not and the processors understand that. I'm not an expert but if you need any help with anything let me know. Ted Williams is not the only one that answers the phone, there are a group of processors that work at the OCS Helpdesk so you can get information from any of them.. they will just ask for your social to check the status of your package. Also you will be notified via BOL whether or not you got picked up. I'm not sure what the acceptance rate is.. but I def think it could be a bit more difficult for people that are already on active duty or so I've been told that by multiple supply officers. Best of luck!

Well, I suppose I should check again to make sure everything is proceeding smoothly. The last email I received read "I processed the OCS application ICO AC2 [ME] for purpose of board participation. Board results will be posted to BUPERS BOL soon after the Supply board is finalized."

Never hurts to double and triple-check though. Thanks for the advice @Shakeitha Lewis :)

Edward Hunter

Hey guys what would make me competitive for the upcoming board. My stats are as follows.
OAR: 44
Undergraduate: 3.11
Graduate (MBA): 3.4
Prior service USMC.
I know my OAR is low. I was wondering with those stats if I may be competitive enough for this board.

kdubAF

AF NCO
^Ed, congrats on the MBA, that's always good. Any chance you have supply/logistics and/or leadership experience within/outside the military?

jmeff

Hey guys what would make me competitive for the upcoming board. My stats are as follows.
OAR: 44
Undergraduate: 3.11
Graduate (MBA): 3.4
Prior service USMC.
I know my OAR is low. I was wondering with those stats if I may be competitive enough for this board.

Based on everyone I have spoken with and the stats I have seen on here before... Having an MBA will probably be a big help but you are right about the OAR being low. If you could get some interviews with Supply O5s and O6s then that would go a long way. Everyone always says that those interviews hold a lot of weight on the Supply board.

Edward Hunter

I do have logistics experience. Also my letter of recommendation come from and O6, O5, and one personal. Just hoping for the best now.

Grretings All,

Until this morning, I thought that I had only applied for the December Intel board. My OR just called me and said that the processor "accidentally" dropped my packet for November Supply as well. My motivational statement is very obviously geared towards Intel, and the only real military experience I have that would translate to Supply might be when I was a Human Resources guy...but I didn't capitalize on that since I didn't realize I was going for this board. So, I guess I am in the running on this, but I don't know that I am going to be very competitive.

jmeff

Grretings All,

Until this morning, I thought that I had only applied for the December Intel board. My OR just called me and said that the processor "accidentally" dropped my packet for November Supply as well. My motivational statement is very obviously geared towards Intel, and the only real military experience I have that would translate to Supply might be when I was a Human Resources guy...but I didn't capitalize on that since I didn't realize I was going for this board. So, I guess I am in the running on this, but I don't know that I am going to be very competitive.

How do you "accidentally" end up at one of these boards? I suppose it will be a pleasant surprise if you are selected.

I was considering Supply but decided against it. My experience is in Intel so I decided to not waste anybody's time but throwing in for Supply as well. As it turns out, the processor didn't get the memo. Bada bing bada bang, here I am.

you realize Intel in US Army and Intel in USN are 2 different animals, Intel officers in the USN essentially are office guys who make briefs from info they are given.

Hm, sounds a lot like what the Army's intel officers did. My bigger concern is that I come from the Counterintel community...we are even less aligned with traditional Navy Intel missions.

jakejake527

I think the recruiters on here usually put it somewhere around 20% or less. They will probably get on here and give you a real answer. When I spoke with the Supply Community Manager, he said that the last few boards have been between 17% and 25%.

I'm interested to learn how many people normally apply for each board.
I was pro rec y supply for the June board....recruiter told me that the selection rate to the prior board was only 5%

jakejake527

If that's the case then I REALLY hope Business degrees don't hold more weight than a good GPA and good OAR.
i feel your pain...

but it might...since chops are the businessmen of the navy.

(B.S. Business Management, 3.5 gpa, 64 oar, management experience)

Your background seems solid though. I think you'll get picked up

Last edited: