• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
If you guys have seen from the previous IDC board (June I believe), results didn't come out until several weeks after the board met. The waiting game shouldn't come as a surprise.

Not a suprise Sir. We are just all axious and trying to guestimate what day they're expecting a release. I'm sure you see this for every board.

exNavyOffRec

From what I've read, I've gathered that the board scheduled prior to this one was canceled and merged into this board. Is that correct? If so, can we assume that there is a higher than average number of kits to be considered by this board? Also, I've read that the number of kits submitted to this board was around 300. Was this verified in some manner or was this someone's guess? If that number is correct, how does that compare to the number of kits submitted for other boards (i.e., boards that did not combine the kits from multiple boards)?

IDC has had board where there were over 700 applications just for one designator, they reviewed and sent the results to NRC within the week, the board members do this as a collateral duty so they have to get it done and get back to their regular jobs, sometimes the boards also get delayed and they don't tell NRC right away, we had one circumstance where the director of OCS accessions called and found out they pushed a week due to some unforeseen issue, so be patient.

Rickblaine22

I just found out I'm going to CISSP class in Nov...if the results aren't out by then, do you think I can retro-insert that cert into my application???

That's not a serious question.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
It sucks that NOPO had to do his turnover right as our board convened. It was nice to have the info he provided directly from the source.

Rickblaine22

I can if I'm driving :).

CISSP is Certified Information Systems Security Professional. It's a managerial level cert that if you are an IW, you have a high probability you'll need it or something equivalent to do your job.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
As of yesterday, I am pretty much always on Airwarriors. This page stays open on my browser. I refresh this page more than I would like to admit.

Rickblaine22

As of yesterday, I am pretty much always on Airwarriors. This page stays open on my browser. I refresh this page more than I would like to admit.

I'm embarrassed with you. I have a browser open with the BOL tab and Airwarriors tab. I refresh them a lot. I've been volunteering to sit on IDW boards just to get me away from the computer.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I have this constantly open in a browser waiting for results and I didn't even apply to this board! LOL. In December I'm going to have to force myself not to stay on here or I'll go crazy. When I was waiting for my bar results, I had to just concentrate on my work and not think about results. And I had a much better chance of passing the bar then getting a pro rec for IDC.

Phoenix84

I'm embarrassed with you. I have a browser open with the BOL tab and Airwarriors tab. I refresh them a lot. I've been volunteering to sit on IDW boards just to get me away from the computer.
I'm right there with you! I'm at work with it open in a browser.... updating about once an hour. LOL!!!