• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Strange Army personnel issue...

Urchin263

I know this site is mainly Navy (I'm in the reserves, but I only ever lurk here) but a young man at my civilian job is in quite a quandry so I figured I'd ask here and maybe help him get it figured out. Or at least find out a better place to ask, since it is an Army issue after all.

Anyway, this fellow just graduated from Texas A&M and Army ROTC this past spring. He is supposed to report to his initial flight schooling in approximately a week, but he just learned that he is both a 2LT in the active Army AND a private in the Texas Army NG.

He is having the damnedest time getting this sorted out as everyone seems to be giving him the runaround.

He started ROTC at Texas State then transferred to Texas A&M. Texas State told him he would lose his ROTC scholarship because of the transfer, so he enlisted in the NG and continued into the ROTC program at A&M under the "simultaneous membership program".

Now he needs an NGB-22 to be discharged from the NG because they didn't do that at the time of commissioning.

Anyone know who he needs to contact? The Army Human Resources Command folks are telling him to talk to the Texas NG, who are telling him to take it up with the Army HRC.

If there is a more appropriate forum for this kind of issue, I appreciate the guidance to it.

Thanks in advance!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems weird to me that it'd be an issue. He's hardly the first guy to be enlisted in a Guard and then get a commission in the Regulars. My Pops was an E-5 in the HI ANG when he got his Academy appointment, stayed one until the day he graduated (albeit that was n 1963). I would've imagined your guy's NG unit would've taken care of it. They have to muster him somehow, don't they?

What's the worst that happens? Marshalls show up in his API class and arrest him for desertion?

Urchin263

It was resolved (I think at least) by the NG. They said to email them a copy of his commissioning docs and they would have the unit fill out the proper paperwork.