• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Medical Records at OCS.

Greeting Air Warriors!

First off, I want to say hello- and thank you. This site has provided me with a significant amount of information for my upcoming entry into the Navy.

I'll be quick and to the point; I looked for a thread that could possibly have this question and did not locate it. On the OCS website, it states that I need to bring in all of my medical records when I report. Having moved around a good bit in my life, it will be a struggle for me to physically obtain copies of all of that, as some things did not transfer through from doctor to doctor.

I was under the impression anyways that they could just electronically look everything up that they need? Anyone know why they need physical copies? I'll bring with me what I can acquire, just don't want to create or cause any problems. Thanks!

BleedGreen

pilot
The most important thing is to bring any medical records that pertain to the items you referenced on the medical history form (DD 2807), along with any immunization records you have. Basically, if you answered yes to any of the medical history questions, the doctor will want to see the records for that occurrence. If you show up to OCS without a record the doctor needs, they'll have you fill a medical records release form and request those documents from your doctor's office. Its an option they have, but it slows down the process of you being medically cleared at OCS, so I would try to avoid that.
Every routine medical visit you've had isn't as important to track down, worry about the information that relates to any medical history you have.

I appreciate that feedback!

I don't have anything notable that needed explanation/a waiver, so I will bring in what I can and hopefully that will suffice. Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

The NRD will send ahead any records that need to be at OCS, these are records that you provided to the USN based on what you filled out, if you bring anything else that is going to raise all sorts of red flags.

If you have records you think need to go to OCS and the NRD doesn't have them let them know, then stand by to have your OCS date up in the air.