• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

JMac_11

Spoke with my recruiter this afternoon. Looks like I did get a 'tentative' date. Her words "You're letter's been routed, just waiting to be signed and it says they've got you scheduled for 18 January."

I was picked up from the June 25th Supply board. Has anyone heard anything back from this board? I called the OCS help desk (I'm active duty) and they said I was physically qualified to attend OCS and that my final select letter was waiting to be signed. Just wondering if there are any other supply folks waiting on letters.

pro y on July 1st for supply. still waiting for finsel. no word for "penciled in dates" yet from recruiter.

turning 29 on may 27th 2015. not sure if that's considered age critical

still waiting.....
I was also picked up from this supply board please keep me posted if you hear anything and I'll do the same for you. I called the OCS help desk and they said I was physically qualified to go and was just waiting for the CO signature and final select date.

National OPO

Caught by surprised yesterday.... MY recruiter told me I have to wait until the INTEL board meets until I can receive my FINSEL - however, since INTEL was my last choice, the processor said they wouldn't entertain my package. My recruiter has not respond to my emails concerning a few questions:

Any idea when the next board will take place for INTEL?

Considering the INTEL board hasn't met yet, will I have to wait another 4 months for my FINSEL after the board meets?

I was anticipating my FINSEL in the next couple of weeks since I've been picked up for SWO in June - I'll be a little distraught if I have to wait another 4 to 6 months after the board meets...

All - applicants are always able to "decline" further consideration for any remaining designators on their application should they have been Professionally Recommended (PROREC) in a previous designator. For example, if you were PROREC-Y for your 1st choice, then NRC will discontinue processing that application for any additional designators (choices #2 and beyond) and will process the applicant to ship with their 1st choice (the applicant mut have wanted it since it was their 1st choice). If PROREC-N for their 1st choice, but PROREC-Y for their 2nd choice, then the applicant can either wait for their remaining designators to be adjudicated (choice #3 and beyond) or else can ask to have all remaining designators removed from further consideration and to be processed for shipping on that 2nd designator. Doing this would obviously make the process move more quickly and would most likely result in an applicant shipping that much sooner since would not then have to wait for the rest of the requested designators to be adjudicated. But that is the choice of the applicant. Hope this explains it.

priorguy

All - applicants are always able to "decline" further consideration for any remaining designators on their application should they have been Professionally Recommended (PROREC) in a previous designator. For example, if you were PROREC-Y for your 1st choice, then NRC will discontinue processing that application for any additional designators (choices #2 and beyond) and will process the applicant to ship with their 1st choice (the applicant mut have wanted it since it was their 1st choice). If PROREC-N for their 1st choice, but PROREC-Y for their 2nd choice, then the applicant can either wait for their remaining designators to be adjudicated (choice #3 and beyond) or else can ask to have all remaining designators removed from further consideration and to be processed for shipping on that 2nd designator. Doing this would obviously make the process move more quickly and would most likely result in an applicant shipping that much sooner since would not then have to wait for the rest of the requested designators to be adjudicated. But that is the choice of the applicant. Hope this explains it.
Thank you for your response - I should have known I needed to get something in writing that says I wanted my last choice board removed from consideration...

binoly

Just sent back in the documents to resolve my TNPQ and hopefully get me PQ'd and a ship date. Has anyone from the 31JUL SWO board gotten a FS yet?

binoly

Long story short, I got npq today. They did say that I have one final shot to send in some clarifying information but can anyone speak specifically to getting this turned around? My disqualifiers were seasonal allergies and migraines. The seasonal allergies are minor so that should be an easy fix. On the migraines the medical manual says that they are disqualifying if they affect the normal function. I've never been siq or treated during or after a migraine. The only catch 22 is that it says if you have been prescribed medication. In 3 years it's disqualifying. Is this something that I can realistically get waivered? I can't let this be the end of my journey.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Long story short, I got npq today. They did say that I have one final shot to send in some clarifying information but can anyone speak specifically to getting this turned around? My disqualifiers were seasonal allergies and migraines. The seasonal allergies are minor so that should be an easy fix. On the migraines the medical manual says that they are disqualifying if they affect the normal function. I've never been siq or treated during or after a migraine. The only catch 22 is that it says if you have been prescribed medication. In 3 years it's disqualifying. Is this something that I can realistically get waivered? I can't let this be the end of my journey.

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. You might have some better luck starting a thread in the Doc's Corner section, several flight surgeons have been known to post there and help SNA/SNFOs navigate getting PQed.