• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any opinion on my odds to stay the nervousness?

vabiok2295

Good evening,

I just submitted an OCS application for Intel/SWO/Supply today

29y/o male with waivers for supply and swo
Current Active EM2 [SW] with 8 years
BA in History, BA in Psych, around 3.0 GPA.
OAR: 53
LoR: One RADM (r), one prior CO O6, one from the Mayor of one of the largest cities in US.
Interviews: 4 O6's, 1 O5, all extremely laudatory and strong.
Ukrainian Language Score on DLPT 1/1
only award from 8 years: 1 JSOQ
Evals (which is my gravest cause for nervousness): 1 New guy P, 2 middle of the road MPs.
Lots of community Service and demonstrated devotion through honor guard etc...
My personal statements I feel are extremely compelling.
Currently earning an MBA that has included extensive study abroad in France/Spain on international finance.

I am now a command favorite for #1 EP, as strong performing LPO, MWR President, Facilities Manager, and Safety Officer over 650 individuals. My March Eval will turn the tide. I will also complete my MBA from a top 20 B&M school in April. I feel that with these advancements, I would have much better odds in a second go around next spring. However, does anybody have any guess as to my odds at this moment for the impending boards? SWO (not the one currently scheduled, but next); Supply, NOV; Intel, DEC.

Thanks!!!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Was the Mayor Eric Garcetti? He's a former Intel Reserve Officer (not so much former, but he's IRR right now nonetheless) by the way.

vabiok2295

Negative. He is the current mayor of Phoenix, with no military background. I thought it may be an asset as a letter because it demonstrates my ability to network and hobnob. Otherwise it provides nothing relevant except for vague statements declaring my excellence. The one from the RADM, who is well known and retired from an immaculate career, is very personal and validates my desire and motives. The one from my former captain is more of a resume describing my efficiency and skill-set in ways that I was not able to in my personal statements.

exNavyOffRec

The good on your application is all the extra-curricular activities/additional duties you have
The bad is your GPA is low for all those programs and GPA is really looked at for those programs

Get that MBA with a very high GPA, that might help.

FormerRecruitingGuru

The good on your application is all the extra-curricular activities/additional duties you have
The bad is your GPA is low for all those programs and GPA is really looked at for those programs

Get that MBA with a very high GPA, that might help.

I second, unless you had prior IDC or Logistics experience, your stats don't look competitive for INTEL and SUPPLY. You do, however look competitive for SWO, as NRC has been selecting most applicants who have at least a 3.0 GPA and 48 OAR score.

vabiok2295

Thank you all very much.

Would you consider it relevant that gpa for BAs earned while deployed three times, and current mba are 3.13, and only my community college performance from ten years ago drops the average? Is it additionally relevant that i earned while deployed and failed some courses due to unpredictable rivercity conditions?

I am also curious of any feedback on the impact of mediocre evals? How weighted are these in importance?

Thanks,

vabiok2295

Further, after having the mba under my belt, without significant adjustment to gpa, would that make me formidable? Thanks,

exNavyOffRec

Thank you all very much.

Would you consider it relevant that gpa for BAs earned while deployed three times, and current mba are 3.13, and only my community college performance from ten years ago drops the average? Is it additionally relevant that i earned while deployed and failed some courses due to unpredictable rivercity conditions?

I am also curious of any feedback on the impact of mediocre evals? How weighted are these in importance?

Thanks,

They won't read that much into it to figure it out, if you talked about it in your statement then they might.

for active duty I would say your enlisted performance holds more weight... so your evals. School is important.. and so is your degree so I would say between the GPA and your Evals... that might be your biggest weights in the decision. But ultimately you never know! I didn't get picked up until my 6th package.. and I had SOY, all EP's except for 2 MP's and those were my "new guy" evals.. and my GPA was 3.8... I had 4 NAMs, FLOCs, 9 LOR's and 7 Interviews with outstandings... the point i'm making is keep submitting your package until they tell you yes! I was expecting to get picked up on the first try for supply.. and that didn't happen. I started my master's degree and completed one class by the time my third supply package rolled around and finally was picked.. meaning i don't necessarily think you have to have a master's degree to get picked. Just keep applying! work on your evals and maybe some awards.. put whatever awards warfare pins ect. to enhance your package. I was told that active duty don't really get ranked amongst civilians (not sure how true this is) but if it is.. you're competing with other active duty people that have the same opportunities and obstacles that you faced/facing...

exNavyOffRec

for active duty I would say your enlisted performance holds more weight... so your evals. School is important.. and so is your degree so I would say between the GPA and your Evals... that might be your biggest weights in the decision. But ultimately you never know! I didn't get picked up until my 6th package.. and I had SOY, all EP's except for 2 MP's and those were my "new guy" evals.. and my GPA was 3.8... I had 4 NAMs, FLOCs, 9 LOR's and 7 Interviews with outstandings... the point i'm making is keep submitting your package until they tell you yes! I was expecting to get picked up on the first try for supply.. and that didn't happen. I started my master's degree and completed one class by the time my third supply package rolled around and finally was picked.. meaning i don't necessarily think you have to have a master's degree to get picked. Just keep applying! work on your evals and maybe some awards.. put whatever awards warfare pins ect. to enhance your package. I was told that active duty don't really get ranked amongst civilians (not sure how true this is) but if it is.. you're competing with other active duty people that have the same opportunities and obstacles that you faced/facing...

You are the exception to the keep applying group, it looks as if you kept doing things to improve yourself, including starting a Masters, there are many that just keep applying hoping for a different result but haven't done anything to improve yourself.

You are kind of correct in regards to evals, the kicker is you need both, a low GPA is going to be a red flag and not overcome by top evals, and a high GPA will sunk by average evals.

The board doesn't care if they pick all AD or none, it is the best candidates that they are looking for who are seen by the board, so in that regards AD are compared against civilians.

jmeff

The Supply PA from 2013 states that the Supply Corps is now looking for STEM majors in addition to the business and finance majors. Any thoughts on the competitiveness of STEM vs business with all else being equal?

FormerRecruitingGuru

The Supply PA from 2013 states that the Supply Corps is now looking for STEM majors in addition to the business and finance majors. Any thoughts on the competitiveness of STEM vs business with all else being equal?

What do you mean? If having a STEM or Business degree makes you more competitive than something else? If that's the question, then yes it does.