• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Do you guys think a week worth of eight hour days would have been enough time to review all the kits at this board?? I think that would be more than enough time. Considering that there's probably a board of maybe 5-6 senior Officers including a chair. I think it would be safe to say that there is a list on someones desk waiting on approval. The real question is .... How long does the routing take???

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I was under the impression that boards only lasts a day, maybe two. I couldn't see one package taking longer than five minutes to review, so you could easily review 300+ packages with the implementation of a minimum standard similar to the one previously mentioned.

As far as results, MAYBE the end of next week. That seems realistic.

navyhaz

I was thinking more along the lines of this week!!!! Nothing wrong with being hopeful!!!

I'm with ya. I'm fairly confident fleet personnel will find out this week.

On the flip side. Chiefs are program managers and they just finished up with phase two training ... We can assume tomorrow will probably be their first day back at their desks. This will obviously delay things.

exNavyOffRec

I was under the impression that boards only lasts a day, maybe two. I couldn't see one package taking longer than five minutes to review, so you could easily review 300+ packages with the implementation of a minimum standard similar to the one previously mentioned.

As far as results, MAYBE the end of next week. That seems realistic.

It really depends how brutal they are, and the board members don't even have to be in the same room, I know of one board where they were all on a conference call, they took one day to do the board and had around 100 applications to review.

exNavyOffRec

Program managers?

A program manager is usually a CPO/SCPO and they each have a specific designator, so one may have SNA/SNFO the other may have SWO/IDC, and the third may have the rest.

A PM is the last stop before an application goes to board, they are the ones that have the final review and say, they will do a quick look on the checklist, and verify they meet the program authorization, if not back it goes.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Board results take time to route. As a former OR ('09-'12) anything sooner than a month would impress me. NUPOC is the only program I've ever had immediate results with. Current OR's feel free to chime in.

exNavyOffRec

Board results take time to route. As a former OR ('09-'12) anything sooner than a month would impress me. NUPOC is the only program I've ever had immediate results with. Current OR's feel free to chime in.

I was recruiting the same time as you and if the board started on time we always rec'd them fairly quick, if the board was "in house" it was about 1 week after the board ended, if external it was about 2 weeks after the board ended, there were many times where the boards were delayed, especially external boards and then the senior board member would email the director of OCS programs and let him know, unfortunately this information about delays (if short < 2 weeks) would often not be conveyed to the NRD's, I happened to know one of the program managers and due to a circumstance that happened the Director of OCS programs, so I would call them directly a few days after the board was scheduled to start to see if it actually happened as scheduled.

In one case we knew the board wasn't happening on time because the senior board member was visiting our NRD!

spazzz

I was reading the National OPO strand (unforutnately he has been reassigned) before his departure he said it would probably be between 03 OCT and 06 OCT. From everything I have read INTEL just takes a little longer. Just think, if we are lucky enough to get selected then we get to wait again for an OCS date :)