• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty cool. Maybe applicable to the ASTB as well.
140908-N-ZZ999-002.JPG

140908-N-ZZ999-002 WASHINGTON (Sept. 19, 2014) An infographic depicting a Carrier Air Wing. (U.S. Navy graphic by Khanh Hong/Released)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does a UAV take a selfie? I weep for the future.
140918-N-UZ648-009.JPG

140918-N-UZ648-009 NAVAL AIR STATION PATUXENT RIVER, Md. (Sept. 18, 2014) An MQ-4C Triton unmanned aircraft system prepares to land at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md., after completing an approximately 11-hour flight from Northrop Grumman's California facility. (U.S. Navy Photo by Erik Hildebrandt/Released)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

140908-N-ZZ999-002 WASHINGTON (Sept. 19, 2014) An infographic depicting a Carrier Air Wing. (U.S. Navy graphic by Khanh Hong/Released)
I'm not sure I like the "Electrical Attacker" under EA-18G Growler....

jmcquate

Contributor
That's a lot of Hornets. A long ways away from the days of 1 squadron of Tomcats 2 of Hornets 1 of Intruders 1 of Corsairs 1 of Prowlers 1 of Hawkeyes and 2 Seahawks with a Greyhound Det.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's a lot of Hornets. A long ways away from the days of 1 squadron of Tomcats 2 of Hornets 1 of Intruders 1 of Corsairs 1 of Prowlers 1 of Hawkeyes and 2 Seahawks with a Greyhound Det.
At the beginning of my career, the CVW was composed of
2x F-14 squadrons
2x A-7 squadrons
2x A-6 squadrons
1x A-3 squadron det
1x EA-6B squadron
1x E-2 squadron
1x H-3 squadron
No COD Det.
VERTREP via HC-11 from AO & AOEs

Alto53

pilot
Unique visitor to PDX for the last week. Of note, it took 3 airframes to support a single flying display showing at the HIO airshow over the weekend, but then of course my old airframe wasn't a stellar performer all the time either

Attachments

• 10-4193 (1).jpg
    10-4193 (1).jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 228

jmcquate

Contributor
At the beginning of my career, the CVW was composed of
2x F-14 squadrons
2x A-7 squadrons
2x A-6 squadrons
1x A-3 squadron det
1x EA-6B squadron
1x E-2 squadron
1x H-3 squadron
No COD Det.
VERTREP via HC-11 from AO & AOEs
I would have gotten popcorn and a scorecard for Vultures Row to see a Whale roll into the groove.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not sure I like the "Electrical Attacker" under EA-18G Growler....

Well, they attack "electrical things" right? I guess would be something like this, "what happened to the radar" "the electrical attacker got it" "we need to find that guy, he keeps attacking our electrical things" :D

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
140908-N-ZZ999-002.JPG

MH-60S - Airborne Mine Countermeasures...

LOL. The rest sounds right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.