• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2, Why God

Fallonflyr

pilot
Top Gun 2 after it has been adjusted to the current views of Hollywood.

Maverick and Charlie, married had 2 kids, then divorced when Charlie realized she was a lesbian, she connects with Goose's widow and they end up getting married, both of Mavericks kids end up ultra liberal and think the military needs to be slashed to support social programs, when the F-14 is retired Maverick isn't selected for transition to another platform so he becomes an HR officer, and after being racked over the coals by Charlie in the divorce he now lives in a 2 bedroom apartment with his 38 year old girlfriend and her 15 year old son.

oh, and Iceman is now a 3 star, and that contributes to Mavericks BP issues.
That there is funny...but how it works IRL.

joslyn

Banned
I'm not a pilot but my opinion is I watched top gun after I figured out I wanted to be a naval aviator and honestly I like the movie and still a badass movie but I am tired of watching it and I'm sure there are a few pilots who are thinking the same.

Minnesota Tomcat

Turkeybeast
I am dreading it to be honest. The rumors I hear about it is that Maverick will be flying against drones. IMHO, the F-14 is what sold the original movie to me. TOPGUN isn't the same without the iconic F-14 Tomcat in it. She has the looks to be in a movie.
The F-35 is still in its infancy. This is the aircraft rumored to be in this film. Time will only tell if this movie will be a hit like the first one. Rarely do sequels do as well as a first movie.

Last edited:

Sundevil106150

I am dreading it to be honest. The rumors I hear about it is that Maverick will be flying against drones. IMHO, the F-14 is what sold the original movie to me. TOPGUN isn't the same without the iconic F-14 Tomcat in it. She has the looks to be in a movie.
The F-35 is still in its infancy. This is the aircraft rumored to be in this film. Time will only tell if this movie will be a hit like the first one. Rarely do sequels do as well as a first movie.
Unless it is the Godfather :cool:

Minnesota Tomcat

Turkeybeast
I liked the Godfather and would probably watch its sequels. TOPGUN: I just don't know unless the Navy gets behind the creation of the movie. I usually watch movies like that for the flying and the aircraft.

Minnesota Tomcat

Turkeybeast
I never watched Aliens. But I have watched the entire Iron Eagle series. I don't think I should be admitting that. The series is corny and the plot-lines pretty stupid. I still enjoyed watching the flying.

samguitar

Flying a desk.
pilot
No, no, no, ok...ok, I got it: Tom Cruise = CAG, his son gets helos, disappoints dad, falls in love with female jet pilot in dad's wing, deploys on small boy same time and location as dad's carrier, foreign sub tries to sink the carrier but son's mad ASW skills save the bird farm, but then dad has to launch with son's girl on his wing to take down foreign fighters going after son's Romeo, girl shoots down bogey and saves dad, dad changes mind about her and blesses their union, everyone lives happily ever after. Helos get some love, jets still look cool, ASW gets a nod, and you could probably throw in UAV's in some peripheral way...maybe make them the bad guys.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
No, no, no, ok...ok, I got it: Tom Cruise = CAG, his son gets helos, disappoints dad, falls in love with female jet pilot in dad's wing, deploys on small boy same time and location as dad's carrier, foreign sub tries to sink the carrier but son's mad ASW skills save the bird farm, but then dad has to launch with son's girl on his wing to take down foreign fighters going after son's Romeo, girl shoots down bogey and saves dad, dad changes mind about her and blesses their union, everyone lives happily ever after. Helos get some love, jets still look cool, ASW gets a nod, and you could probably throw in UAV's in some peripheral way...maybe make them the bad guys.
Fucking genius...

jmcquate

Contributor
All it needs is a sub-plot of a Frigate skipper getting canned for some sort of jackassery and it gets an Oscar.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I'm pretty sure you could make an Oscar winning drama out of the Cowpens, and the sad thing is, you wouldn't need to but bullshit hollywood stuff in to make it crazy.

No, no, no, ok...ok, I got it: Tom Cruise = CAG, his son gets helos, ....

"They wouldn't let you get T-45s in advanced because you're Pete Mitchell's kid..."

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, all we need to do is band together and pitch the script idea to Hollyweird. Anyone know anyone in the biz?