• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the response. Talked to another officer recruiter this morning and the only program I would have the slightest chance at it is SEAL, but my GPA would cripple me and I'm not interested in that route anyhow. I prefer to go the cyber/technology route because that field has and is booming right now in the public and private sector.

SEAL has a low age limit as well 29 (commissioned by) and having put a few SEALS in they like those with high GPA's, both mine were around 3.7

Sundevil106150

Thank you for the response. Talked to another officer recruiter this morning and the only program I would have the slightest chance at it is SEAL, but my GPA would cripple me and I'm not interested in that route anyhow. I prefer to go the cyber/technology route because that field has and is booming right now in the public and private sector.
Yah I am not sure why SEAL would even be brought up. You not only have to be a physical stud but also a smart individual overall. It is also something you have to be 110% certain you want to do and something that you should have been thinking about for awhile. I was only 90% and I was a strong candidate for an officer spot but decided to remove my application and just go with SNA (something that was on the same level of what I wanted to do) since I was not 110% into the commitment. Do what you want to do, you fail out of BUDS you are most likely kicked out of the Navy which would suck and you live your relationships through post cards and letters. Like NavyOffRec says just try to kill it as an enlisted and see where it goes because your GPA is far too low to be Intel. The guy that I saw get picked up for Intel on AW had a 3.9 GPA and a PHD in mathematics.

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
Hoping for SWO, but intend to apply for Supply as well.
Disappointed in my score of 44, and will retake when eligible. I feel I was studying the wrong material. I hope that different study aids and more appropriate gouge will help me attain a greater score and thus make me eligible to apply for SWO.
GPA of 3.89 / History & Political Science
27 with 7 years active, E6 as final rank.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hoping for SWO, but intend to apply for Supply as well.
Disappointed in my score of 44, and will retake when eligible. I feel I was studying the wrong material. I hope that different study aids and more appropriate gouge will help me attain a greater score and thus make me eligible to apply for SWO.
GPA of 3.89 / History & Political Science
27 with 7 years active, E6 as final rank.

Unless you have prior service in the Supply Corps or civilian business/logistics experience, don't waste your time applying for Supply with a Poly Sci Degree.

FormerRecruitingGuru

SEAL has a low age limit as well 29 (commissioned by) and having put a few SEALS in they like those with high GPA's, both mine were around 3.7

Biggest factors for SEAL now is their success at the 2-week Mini BUDS (which also includes the interviews in there). Now in order to get to the Mini-BUDS, biggest factors are going to be the PST scores and any sort of leadership experiences (sports teams are a plus). I had a guy selected with a 3.1 combined, but also had a master's degree.

exNavyOffRec

Biggest factors for SEAL now is their success at the 2-week Mini BUDS (which also includes the interviews in there). Now in order to get to the Mini-BUDS, biggest factors are going to be the PST scores and any sort of leadership experiences (sports teams are a plus). I had a guy selected with a 3.1 combined, but also had a master's degree.

before they had mini buds I had a guy that on his own dime went to San Diego to interview with a SEAL Captain, his interview was conducted while they did a beach run.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced

I'm new to airwarriors and I've been scouring the forums for the past couple of days. I can't seem to find a thread about officer SEAL routes (going from civilian to officer commissioning to SEAL pipeline). Does a forum like that exist?

Great information on here. I've enjoyed learning from y'all and drinking through a fire hose!

exNavyOffRec

I'm new to airwarriors and I've been scouring the forums for the past couple of days. I can't seem to find a thread about officer SEAL routes (going from civilian to officer commissioning to SEAL pipeline). Does a forum like that exist?

Great information on here. I've enjoyed learning from y'all and drinking through a fire hose!

basically after OCS you go to Coronado, there is a small "prep" course before you start to make sure you are in good shape, then you go to the first phase which is the hardest and is the one with "hell week", should you make that first phase you should be OK, but only about 25-30% of officers make it, then you have some misc courses some are for officers only, and because of that you will be rolled one class and go through SQT with the class that was right behind you, after SQT you get pinned.

FormerRecruitingGuru

basically after OCS you go to Coronado, there is a small "prep" course before you start to make sure you are in good shape, then you go to the first phase which is the hardest and is the one with "hell week", should you make that first phase you should be OK, but only about 25-30% of officers make it, then you have some misc courses some are for officers only, and because of that you will be rolled one class and go through SQT with the class that was right behind you, after SQT you get pinned.

For the first phase, SEAL Officer Candidates are pulled half way through the course. They then attend officer classes and finally get classed up half way through the next class. The schoolhouse does this to see how officers adapts to leading different teams.

Last edited:

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced

Interesting. That makes sense. Great information. Do you know what the competitive requirements are for getting a BUDs contract before going to OCS?

connolly10574

Recently got score of 49 on OAR (1st attempt) and have BA in Criminal Justice with cum. gpa of 2.9....I feel like I'm not competitive in any area :/

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

Google is your friend...

http://www.socnet.com

exNavyOffRec

I've been there many, many times. I don't dare post there! I've recently come in contact with a mentor who has filled me in on the ins and outs. Trust me, I don't post on here or ask someone unless I've done extensive research and done my due diligence.

An interesting thing that a person in the pipeline told me, if a person doesn't make it through hell week but the staff things they have good leadership qualities, they are being picked up by EOD.