• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I'm a little late to the game here, but I've been a long time forum lurker. I originally planned to apply for the April board, but found out (the hard way) that you have to have your transcripts in-hand to actually go to board.
I've since graduated, and my stats are posted in my signature. I've had "STRONGEST recommendation for any program leading to a commission" put on my last three years worth of evals in an effort to show consistency.
If anyone has any thoughts on my package, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be waiting here for the results just like everyone else.

Judging by the time between the date convened for the delayed April board, and the post confirming release of results to AD members, it looks like it'll take about 3 1/2 weeks to hear back. I've been told NLT 30SEP by processors, but as previously stated here in the thread, that's just a kind of guess. I'm guessing second week of October is more realistic.

Stats:
CTI1(IDW/SW)
Designators Applied for: IW/SWO(IW)/Intel
B.S. Intelligence, NIU July 2014
GPA 3.98 (3.54 Cumulative), 3rd Highest
4 LoRs O-6(x4)
5 Apprasial Sheets O-6/O-4/O-4/O-3/O-3
OAR 50
CAP to E5 (Combat Meritorious Advancement Program), E6 (4.5 YR)
2 SOY, 2 SOQ
AC, NC, NAM(x2), CAR
All EP Evals
Expeditionary and Surface Deployment Experience
Excellent/Outstanding PFAs
Numerous Division, Department, and Command Collateral Duties, to include CFL, Training, and LPO.
50+ Hours Community Service

Geeze brother .... Those are some bad ass numbers. Any ranked evals? How many in your summary group?? I'd be pretty confident if I were you.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Geeze brother .... Those are some bad ass numbers. Any ranked evals? How many in your summary group?? I'd be pretty confident if I were you.

1 of 9, 1 of 7 and 1 of 17.

I'm concerned about my CO's endorsement though; he wrote me a really great recommendation, but I was ranked 2 of 2.

Rickblaine22

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but based on what I've read on this site and others, "stats galore" or "mega stats" do not help one way or the other. I think they are looking for specific qualities vice who got what awards and had such and such GPA. I applied, and if I were to throw my stats up here, you'd probably all laugh. I do not have a technical degree. Heck, my only LORs were from two retired MCPONs. I think its fair to say its ANYONEs board. Another thread I read said that those that weren't selected from prior boards were mainly not selected due to dumb stuff...like their paperwork not being checked for dumb errors. I didn't read on there anywhere that said "did not possess the maximum number of master's degrees (sorry spazzz to pick on you, but you put it out there)."

exNavyOffRec

.like their paperwork not being checked for dumb errors.

The "dumb errors" would be caught by the processors and kicked back before it even reached the board, really the only dumb thing an applicant can do is have a motivational statement that has horrible grammar.

They do look for specific qualities and in general you will find those selected that have items such as a tech degree, high GPA, community service, currently on AD, prior service, and advanced degree.

I would say a person's evals would be an indicator of them as a sailor.

fedman28

Guys like that is why I took the GMAT today.

Im with you brother, Im already considering blan B. Looking into Masters programs and ASTB study guides to retake the ASTB. Too many highly competitive profiles on this board for me to have a chance.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I'm a firm believer that Evals play a HUGE part in the board's decision for fleet applicants. Ranked evals should hold some major weight for any board.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I'm a firm believer that Evals play a HUGE part in the board's decision for fleet applicants. Ranked evals should hold some major weight for any board.
Yes, EVALS are important to a certain extent; however take it from a guy who NEVER had a ranked EP or was never the #1 MP... Yet a first time select for OCS... My point being, the board members are competent enough to understand that the actual write up in block 43 is the important part... EP's are great for maximizing your PMA points on an advancement exam, however not necessarily the deal maker or breaker for an OCS package...

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Yes, EVALS are important to a certain extent; however take it from a guy who NEVER had a ranked EP or was never the #1 MP... Yet a first time select for OCS... My point being, the board members are competent enough to understand that the actual write up in block 43 is the important part... EP's are great for maximizing your PMA points on an advancement exam, however not necessarily the deal maker or breaker for an OCS package...

How long after you got prof rec did you get any information from Bupers or your OR?

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Memes-not-sure-if-funny.gif

spazzz

I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but based on what I've read on this site and others, "stats galore" or "mega stats" do not help one way or the other. I think they are looking for specific qualities vice who got what awards and had such and such GPA. I applied, and if I were to throw my stats up here, you'd probably all laugh. I do not have a technical degree. Heck, my only LORs were from two retired MCPONs. I think its fair to say its ANYONEs board. Another thread I read said that those that weren't selected from prior boards were mainly not selected due to dumb stuff...like their paperwork not being checked for dumb errors. I didn't read on there anywhere that said "did not possess the maximum number of master's degrees (sorry spazzz to pick on you, but you put it out there)."
No worries. I wish it was as easy as saying who had more degrees and the highest GPA but I know that is not the case. Nobody every really knows what the selection board is specifically looking for or at. Maybe it's the qualities on my application this time but maybe not. I feel honored to even be considered and if selected then I guess it was just my time. If not then I will try again in December!

fedman28

So how does it work when your applying to more than one designator? Does option A say yes or no then it's sent to option B so on and so forth? Or does it stop when one option says yes?

exNavyOffRec

So how does it work when your applying to more than one designator? Does option A say yes or no then it's sent to option B so on and so forth? Or does it stop when one option says yes?

In regards to IDC I have not seen a person get pro Y on multiple IDC designators even though they applied for multiple IDC designators, since it is one board they generally don't duplicate people in designators.

I have even seen guys selected for an IDC designator they didn't submit for.