• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Courses between OCS and TBS

JonTay

Those of us who took the PLC route are enjoying decent wait time between OCS and TBS. A few guys I went to OCS with managed to find their way into other courses in the meantime, Fire Support Coordination and the MCAP instructor course for example. Does anyone know how one would find out about open seats in courses like that?

I know it's a long shot, but since I'm staring another 6 month wait down the barrel, I figured it was worth fishing around. Thanks in advance for your help.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I hate to break it to you but none those things will mean anything at TBS or flight skool. Enjoy the time off dude. When you're getting your nuts crushed working every day of the week you'll look back and be pissed you spent your free time on some course that means nothing when all you want now is day where you don't have to think about work.

texags

pilot
You said you have 6 more months? So how long total will it be between when you commissioned and when you start tbs?

JonTay

That's a good point, just getting a little stir crazy I guess.

You said you have 6 more months? So how long total will it be between when you commissioned and when you start tbs?

Projected looks like 10 months total

81montedriver

pilot
Dude if I were you, I'd go travel and go on a nice long vacation. White sox hit the nail on the head. The FSC course is attended typically by senior captains who are Weapons Company Commanders or senior enlisted guys on his staff. It's challenging enough at their level. At your level it would be like flying the space shuttle with no space shuttle experience and expected to make it to the international space station. Enjoy the time off, you'll be getting your nuts crushed before you know it.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
If you really wanted to haze/ help yourself you'd take a class at the local community college and get real smart on how to use all of the wonderful applications in Microsoft Office....no I'm not joking.

This plan should include ample time for getting drunk/fishing.

texags

pilot
Projected looks like 10 months total

Seriously? When is the MC going to pull its head out of its ass and fix this issue? 2nd Lt's have been having 6-18 month wait times since before I commissioned, and that was 6 years ago.

Agree with the above comments though, find something you enjoy doing and do it! Don't plan on getting to take much leave during TBS and flight school so enjoy it now. Don't waste your time taking any MC classes. I mean if you're really motivated and you live close to an NROTC unit or something you could try to get a MCMAP belt. Or you could just drink beer and creep on incoming freshman in your college town like I did.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Seriously? When is the MC going to pull its head out of its ass and fix this issue? 2nd Lt's have been having 6-18 month wait times since before I commissioned, and that was 6 years ago.

Seriously.

- 10 month wait between college graduation and TBS (I did PLC)
- 6 month wait between TBS and API
- 9 month wait between winging and the RAG

Over 2 years of doing jack shit and being "stashed" somewhere. What a waste. Meanwhile the Navy can get their guys through T-45 advanced before they're even a JG.

texags

pilot
Yea I was a 6 month wait to start TBS, and 8 month wait for API. I wonder how may millions of dollars the MC spends each year paying Lt's to sit around and do nothing.

JonTay

Just an update, OSO got me on a volunteer list for Alpha in October, it looks like theyre trying to push through the waitlist backup

greatvaluebrand

I'm in TBS right now...don't waste your time on anything outside of the MarineNet courses you have to take prior to checking in (they will give the heads up). I know a LT who got his black belt before coming here. And he did the same tan belt BS that I did.
Get a job because the first month of TBS is expensive and it takes a while to get paid