• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need some help identifying this tailhook (old timers?)

srqwho

pilot
Found a couple of these at a boneyard and can't sort out what they are off of. My first guess was an A-7, but after closer inspection of the stick bird at Fallon, I don't think that is the case. I am now thinking F-11 Tiger, but don't have a static nearby to peek at, and can't find a decent pic of one on the internet. Too short for a Skyhawk, and the hook point is removable. Any help is appreciated. And it's for sale - don't need 2.
24dhhk0.jpg

rbbbm0.jpg

1meec.jpg

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
If you think it's an AD hook maybe Ron can help, he flew them.

Last time I saw a Spad tailhook up close was in early July 1965 ...ferried one from CVA-60 (Saratoga) somewhere well off JAX FL to O & R at Navy Quonset Point ...squadron was returning it back to the Navy at the very end of our '64-'65 cruise.

Wife was waiting at the airfield to pick me up ...I didn't much examine the tail hook upon landing ...P/C took care of that for me on Sara for departure!! :)