• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-Pool Wait

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Until they tell you your classing up. Multiple factors, how many seats, IFS, don't need IFS, etc. Just enjoy your time off.

SLH350

pilot
All I know is there are a hell of a lot of cars in the 633 lot every morning. My wait was only as long as my appointments and IFS took me, got to NAS beginning of June and classed up early August.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Some stash jobs are fun and you get to learn some neat skills. I was stashed at the survival pool and trained as a lifeguard. It was only for about 3-4hrs per day, but it was a lot of fun and I got really, really, really good at the helo dunker. Getting paid ENS pay for 4hrs of my time each day and getting to swim most of the time, not a bad deal.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Even better, getting paid ENS pay and not having to work. Period. My liver hates me but it was fun.

Well, there's always that strategy. I couldn't do it though, even after the nut pounding of OCS. I don't mind working for a wage.

Sonog

pilot
Even better, getting paid ENS pay and not having to work. Period. My liver hates me but it was fun.

That and napping up to twice a day. I couldn't go to sleep at a reasonable time to get enough sleep before the muster because I napped so heavily the day before. It's a vicious cycle.

Jax24

I'd say look at about 4-5 weeks until you start IFS if you need it. There are a few things to get done such as NAMI, NKO, and DIVOLC. I showed up at the end of June and I'm currently in API. However the wait might have changed since I was last in A-Pool.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless you're currently in a-pool, there's not much point in asking about current wait times. Whatever it is now, it'll probably be different by the time you arrive. Wait times are generally longest in late summer when academy and ROTC spring grads arrive. Also in mid-winter when the December grads start checking in. But worst case, you're looking at a few months collecting a handsome paycheck and maybe given busywork. Generally the odds of getting a good stash job are not in your favor, but if you're given one, don't screw it up.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I highly recommend volunteering yourself to STUCON as the lead Ensign. It's invaluable leadership training that carries well into the fleet.

Just imagine being selected as the ONE ENS dedicated to professionally developing and mentoring the rest of A-pool and API.

Good luck.

Draples

I'm sensing some sarcasm from wlawr005 and statesman. Do folks coming out of rotc stash jobs still wait in a-pool, or do they go straight to IFS when it says to on their orders?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
You're not gonna be in line to go to IFS until you get checked in to NASC and get your all you appointments taken care of (flight physical, etc). Once you have all that taken care of, you'll get an IFS class date.