• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DET plaques...do you guys and gals still do them?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Just wondering if DET plaques were still done by respective DETS.

I was cleaning out the garage and found the DET plaque of my last deployment prior to leaving AD.

Handmade in Olongapo City, PI!

Good times!

I really hated the call sign of "WAINMAN" (a play on "RAINMAN")...but that's why it's your call sign...because you hate it.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Mad Dog - was in Subic last year and there are LOTS of vendors that still do det plaques, name plates for your desk, just about anything that can be carved out of wood. And cheap too !!!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Mad Dog - was in Subic last year and there are LOTS of vendors that still do det plaques, name plates for your desk, just about anything that can be carved out of wood. And cheap too!!!
Cool beans, robav8r...

Good to hear it's still cheap!

My "PI Special" of the SH-60B literally disintegrated a while back...so I may get a new "PI Special".

Thanks for the heads-up, sir!

81montedriver

pilot
The 3 of us FACs in our Battalion are planning on doing one for our deployment and coincidently will be in the Philippines next month. Anyone who has been there recently have any recommendations for where to go?

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
There was a pretty long thread about specifically not going with Asian Imports. We used them for all of our models and our deployment plaques. I think they have the highest quality and accuracy WRT to details in their products. Also, the girls that work the desk are hot. On the other hand they are absolutely horrendous about getting products completed on time or correctly. There isn't any logic to it either. Orders placed at the same time by two people for the same product would arrive four months apart!

There is another shop right next to Asian Imports that is more consistent but their models have less detail.

I should have mentioned my experience only extends to Clark AB, we weren't really allowed to get into town much.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
DOH!

Looks like I accidentally deleted (or moved) the original HSL-45 DET 3 plaque pic at Photobucket regarding the original post here.

Operator error (as usual).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Am I reading that right that you only had 10 maintainers and a Det Chief? And no AZ? Seems kind of spartan, even for a one-plane det.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Am I reading that right that you only had 10 maintainers and a Det Chief? And no AZ? Seems kind of spartan, even for a one-plane det.
Yeppers, you are correct...BUT we had TWO birds initially...we were taking one bird over to Atsugi for an HSL squadron (I believe it was either HSL-50 or 51?) that was standing up at the time.

Fallonflyr

pilot
The 3 of us FACs in our Battalion are planning on doing one for our deployment and coincidently will be in the Philippines next month. Anyone who has been there recently have any recommendations for where to go?
I had a 6' K-Bar plaque with all the Battalion O's on it made by Ben Martinez. If you have ever seen the 1/6 plaque from 1987-1988 that would be it. Had a real happy Bn CO, he didn't even mind that I had to stay in the PI an extra month and a half after the Battalion left to get it made.;)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

Where are you gonna be? Subic, Clark, Crowe Valley, or?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I'm in the process of getting a plaque right now. The two companies I'm working with are Militaryplaques.com and Islandenterprises.net .

81montedriver

pilot
I had a 6' K-Bar plaque with all the Battalion O's on it made by Ben Martinez. If you have ever seen the 1/6 plaque from 1987-1988 that would be it. Had a real happy Bn CO, he didn't even mind that I had to stay in the PI an extra month and a half after the Battalion left to get it made.;)

I'll see if I can spot that one next time I'm at the club. We are going to be in Crow Valley initially then moving to NETC with libo in Subic.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I'll see if I can spot that one next time I'm at the club. We are going to be in Crow Valley initially then moving to NETC with libo in Subic.

If you are going to be in Subic there is a guy in the freeport zone down on Waterfront Road that has a shop set up. Cheap prices, Jorge is the guy's name. The store looks like a thatch hut but it's a decent shop with cheap San Mig and Red Horse to boot.

There are a few out in Olongapao but since liberty is so restricted it's tough to get to them.

Fallonflyr

pilot
If you are going to be in Subic there is a guy in the freeport zone down on Waterfront Road that has a shop set up. Cheap prices, Jorge is the guy's name. The store looks like a thatch hut but it's a decent shop with cheap San Mig and Red Horse to boot.

There are a few out in Olongapao but since liberty is so restricted it's tough to get to them.
Is the Shit River bridge not open?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Is the Shit River bridge not open?
There are two bridges that take you out into the "authorized" triangle liberty zone. Not sure if one of them was the old shit river bridge that took you out to Olongapo (magsaysay blvd?) though.