• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New T-6B iPhone/iPad app available

t6bStudy

Doesn't mean the same thing. Controlled just means that the NATOPS shack is supposed to know where all the copies are so that they can all be corrected when changes come out. Wouldn't want ENS wlawr005 crashing because he forgot they switched the word Land with the word Eject on page 73.

To clarify, my iPhone application is not a mobile reproduction of the NATOPS any more than the online quiz lets.
Additionally, here are screenshots from the App store of the UH-60 Blackhawk, OH-58 Kiowa, and AH-64 Apache iPhone applications for Army flight students (note the prices of each):

photo 2.PNG photo 3.PNG photo 4.PNG

The key is that iPhone/iPad owners can choose whether or not they consider the app to be worth $4.99. Fortunately, I've already received feedback from friends who say that it's been a very beneficial study tool, which was my goal from the start.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is the NATOPS really a "controlled document?" Aren't they unclassified?

They're FOUO. Here's what's on the front of mine:

DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT C ó Distribution authorized to U.S. Government
agencies only and their contractors to protect publications required for official
use or for administrative or operational purposes only (15 June 2010). Other
requests for this document shall be referred to Commander, Naval Air Systems
Command (PMA 299), RADM William A Moffett Bldg, 47123 Buse Rd, Bldg
2272, Patuxent River, MD 20670 1547.

DESTRUCTION NOTICE ó For unclassified, limited documents, destroy by
any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the
document.

I'm guessing that's why webmaster initially asked about getting a blessing from CNATRA. Since the JAG said it was cool, this seems to be a non-event. Buy it if you want, or don't...

honey_badger1.jpg

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
If you can help some dudes out and put a few bucks in your pocket, good on ya. I doubt I would have spent the $5 in flight school but there are probably some who will. I don't understand why some people are going high and right on this.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Exactly. You...a student..."organized" a bunch of gouge and put it up for sale as an app for $4.99

If you don't see the irony in that then all hope for you may be lost. What a fucking shit show...I wouldn't pay that much for an app if CNATRA himself put the damn thing together.

Why don't you get off your high horse and take some corrective criticism? It's an overpriced shit product that you feel is worth $5...I'm here to tell you friend that it's not.

Seriously though, there aren't ANY legal implications for selling Navy training manuals?
wlawr005, you sound like a bitter asshole. The real irony is reading this post then finding out that You, a student, are making posts like this. STFU.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
wlawr005, you sound like a bitter asshole. The real irony is reading this post then finding out that You, a student, are making posts like this. STFU.
Hey Ken, welcome back. Thanks for the reality check.

Anyway, like I said earlier...I did kinda go high and right, but at least we had fun. AW has been boring lately.

For the record...right on to the guy that made the app. Would I spend $5 on it...nope, I don't like it. However, some people might.

I coulda said what I thought in a different way...but I didn't.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
...right on to the guy that made the app. Would I spend $5 on it...
I think this part is compelling. In my mind, the alternative to this app is not studying NATOPS from the book. It is wasting time on my phone conducting non value added activities like scratching my eyeballs out because people keep posting Facebook pics of their food. So if I were a T-6 student and I wanted to make better use of my down time waiting for a haircut while improving my T-6 knowledge, it actually might be worth $5 to me. But if I was planning to study, I'd probably break out the paper copy.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With all that extra scratch you are making, you can sub-contract the conversion to android.

t6bStudy

With all that extra scratch you are making, you can sub-contract the conversion to android.

Haha considering the amount of profit that I make from each app purchase, I'll have to search for a bargain Android App developer. The only reason I charged anything at all was to cover the cost of registering as an Apple iOS developer and the price of the Macbook.

BleedGreen

pilot
Haha considering the amount of profit that I make from each app purchase, I'll have to search for a bargain Android App developer. The only reason I charged anything at all was to cover the cost of registering as an Apple iOS developer and the price of the Macbook.
Surprisingly, the android community isn't as money hungry as Apple is. I'm sure you know this already, but android is all about open source, and most of the developers believe in that philosophy too. If your serious about finding an android developer that can help you I would check out xda-developers.com. There's numerous developers in that community ranging from the guy that's just starting out the developers that work for the more well known names in the business. A lot of the amateur developers just love what there doing and I would guess you could find someone that's willing to help for little to no return. Just my .02cents