• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Your recruiter is an idiot if he does that.

Thanks @NavyOffRec, I take it this means the OR does not need to talk to my current employer or make them aware that I am applying to the Navy.

When I asked about the board reviewing packages in the month before they convened, I was more interested in whether they reviewed the packages before they convened at all or whether they waited until after they convened to begin screening them. I just pictured three to five people in a room with a stack of 600 applications and I was curious whether there was any vetting process prior to the convene date. I think this might speak to their approach to selecting candidates to Pro Rec in that being stuck in a room for a week might call for a more streamline review process as opposed to having time prior to the convene date to more thoroughly evaluate the individual applications. From reading your responses and COMNAVCRUITCOMNOTE 1131 it seems like they have to have the packages at least a week prior to the convene date. Whether they are looked at during this time or not is probably anyone's guess.

Thanks everyone for your input.

LadyT

Your recruiter is an idiot if he does that.

It was not really an issue for me. I told my employer about my application so if they received a phone call regarding my background check it wouldn't be out of left field. Thankfully, my employer is really understanding and supportive of my application. However, I definitely see how it could cause problems for others. My OR did ask if my employer knew I was applying...if I had told him no, he may not have contacted my employer. It sounds like an OR contacting a current employer during the application process is rare.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hopefully we'll both receive a Pro-Rec Y. My OR is supposed to submit my application this week and then the waiting begins...

Wait, turn in your kit this week? Everything was due to NRC last week... Hate to say it but you're probably going to have to wait until the next IDC board in December.

LadyT

Wait, turn in your kit this week? Everything was due to NRC last week... Hate to say it but you're probably going to have to wait until the next IDC board in December.

Right. I'm applying for the December board. I still had some outstanding documents so I wasn't going to be able to make the September board.

Snorflack

When is the earliest you could leave for ocs if you got selected for the September board? I am just trying to figure out my living situation. Thank you

VQIW31

When is the earliest you could leave for ocs if you got selected for the September board? I am just trying to figure out my living situation. Thank you
That depends on a lot of factors that I'm not privy to and every case is different but I got my final select and orders about three months after receiving my pro rec y. I had about 30 days to get everything ready to go...the best advice I can give is that if you get selected, don't do anything drastic until you get the final select, but do as much as you can to be ready to go as soon as you get orders to OCS. Start making arrangements to take care of your bills, finances, research storage if needed, etc. Once you check in to OCS, be prepared to have life as you know it turned on its end and realize that contact with the outside world is next to none, extenuating circumstances/emergencies aside. Good luck and feel free to fire any questions my way!

exNavyOffRec

That depends on a lot of factors that I'm not privy to and every case is different but I got my final select and orders about three months after receiving my pro rec y. I had about 30 days to get everything ready to go...the best advice I can give is that if you get selected, don't do anything drastic until you get the final select, but do as much as you can to be ready to go as soon as you get orders to OCS. Start making arrangements to take care of your bills, finances, research storage if needed, etc. Once you check in to OCS, be prepared to have life as you know it turned on its end and realize that contact with the outside world is next to none, extenuating circumstances/emergencies aside. Good luck and feel free to fire any questions my way!

JoJoGoHard who was picked at the same board as you and I believe same designator is still waiting, and I think he goes in September, specific designator and quotas are a few factors.

chihon fung

It is all depending on when the next class up date for your desig after OCS, then take that minus 3 months 1 week. However, this is all dependent if the med review board goes through without a hitch. Like VQIW31 said don't plan anything until you get hard orders...

fedman28

Just thought I would drop in and add to the list. My stats are in my signature, I'm more at the bottom end of the spectrum when compared to people with a Law Degree lol. Judging by what I have need in the past there seems to be no black and white when it comes to the boards. I have seen applicants with a Polysci degree and a 3.0 GPA a 45 OAR get picked up for IDC and a guy with a masters , PHD ect get picked up so who knows. I would like to believe that if our packets are at the board then we all have a shot.

fedman28

Ehhhh mabye everyone is just getting nervous after all the board is in 2 weeks !!!! I will be glad to get an answer so I can stop with the "what if" senarios.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just thought I would drop in and add to the list. My stats are in my signature, I'm more at the bottom end of the spectrum when compared to people with a Law Degree lol. Judging by what I have need in the past there seems to be no black and white when it comes to the boards. I have seen applicants with a Polysci degree and a 3.0 GPA a 45 OAR get picked up for IDC and a guy with a masters , PHD ect get picked up so who knows. I would like to believe that if our packets are at the board then we all have a shot.

IDC boards are "whole person concept" rather than ASTB scores like Pilot/NFO/SWO boards, so they're looking at everything in your application, APSR (with ASTB scores and GPA info), motivational statement, 370 forms, appraisals (if applicable) and any other service record information (if applicable). This is why they take much longer than the other boards out there.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Speaking of GPA, how is GPA presented to the board for someone with a graduate degree? Will they see both GPAs or some average of the two? Also, is there any weight for the quality of the school and the nature of the degree(s)? Just curious.

I'm excited to hear what happens for those of you that applied for the September board. Anything you would be willing to contribute once results begin to roll in would be greatly appreciated.