• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On and Off Base Housing at NAS Jax

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Good news, I found a place in Lakewood and it's already down to $2.4 Mil. Problem solved.

LPO Beck

GONNA MAKE CHIEF
Helpful thread, hoping for some updated advice on the area. We are looking to rent a house this time around, talked to a realtor who specializes in the Oak Leaf/Argyle Blvd area West of town. There are some nice places out there with shopping/food options, but as mentioned previously the commute can be rough and it seems to be some distance from anything else of value on a day to day basis. Does anyone have any experience with the Ortega Hills area that is just West of base, inside the 295 belt? That seems like it would be pretty central to most things, but the realtor said to stay away from areas adjacent to the base. The Southside seems like a nice area, but mostly duplexes and apartments in that area. The areas North of the base are a little older than we prefer, and it doesn't seem like my BAH gets very far.

I've looked at so many places now that my head is spinning. I think in the end what is most important to me is an easy commute to base. And of course all of the normal preferences like quiet, clean, close to food/entertainment, etc. No children so schools are no factor. Any help appreciated.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Have you checked out Fleming Island Plantation and Eagle Harbor south, on route 17 ???