• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Female applicants and haircuts

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
You say that, but as I was standing at attention waiting to be shorn, one of the female candidates in my class was getting her hair cut within view of my thousand-yard stare. One of the most miserable people I've ever seen--and she no-kidding DOR'd right after the haircut.

Had the same thing happen in my OCS class.

A7Dave

pilot
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I have learned a very valuable lesson in this piss contest.

All,

I would never discuss religion in the Wardroom, or any other professional or inappropriate platform. This is an internet blog, and I felt it a fitting platform to share my views. Lesson learned.

Oh, you're going to go far! As accepted as all the touchy feely, online social media linked conversations is in Obama's Navy, I'd check your attitude at the gate, Missy. For you and every other woman entering OCS, I'd show up with a shaved head. You'll gain immediate respect. All queefing and wanking about having your hair cut to male standards will be perceived (rightly) as weakness by the men. As an "O" minus one, you shouldn't engage in any "piss contest". Keep your opinions to yourself and ask for advice only. Your opinion means nothing until you've passed the test and earned the right to be called Ensign. Even then, you have a long way to go. Respect is earned, it is not an entitlement.

Jules_W

Oh, you're going to go far! As accepted as all the touchy feely, online social media linked conversations is in Obama's Navy, I'd check your attitude at the gate, Missy. For you and every other woman entering OCS, I'd show up with a shaved head. You'll gain immediate respect. All queefing and wanking about having your hair cut to male standards will be perceived (rightly) as weakness by the men. As an "O" minus one, you shouldn't engage in any "piss contest". Keep your opinions to yourself and ask for advice only. Your opinion means nothing until you've passed the test and earned the right to be called Ensign. Even then, you have a long way to go. Respect is earned, it is not an entitlement.

THIS would be awesome. I'm down.

Reactions: m26

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Except for the fact doing something like that could lump you into the faddish hairstyle category, so I wouldn't recommend. Just deal with the crappy haircut and do what you want with it after you get commissioned.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Lessee - we've touched on: the lack of equality in standards between the sexes in today's military, Religion, Separation of Church and State, the mention of God in a Code of Conduct, and still had time for a pissing contest between two members.
*sniff*
This thread reminds me of the olden days on AW. Dammit, I'm so proud of everyone!
*brushes tear from cheek*

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lessee - we've touched on: the lack of equality in standards between the sexes in today's military, Religion, Separation of Church and State, the mention of God in a Code of Conduct, and still had time for a pissing contest between two members.
*sniff*
This thread reminds me of the olden days on AW. Dammit, I'm so proud of everyone!
*brushes tear from cheek*

The only thing possibly lacking is someone writing in all bold and giant font.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
100% concur, also every Ensign's IQ drops after commissioning.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
image.jpg For the record: I think longer hair looks ok on the military's female leadership.

I just graduated OCS class 01-15. The females not getting their haircut was short lived with my class only. The policy then changed back to all females getting it cut initially, but then can attempt to grow it out. You can also bring a blow dryer which I would recommend as when I graduated the weather was starting to get cold around there.

Jules_W

I just graduated OCS class 01-15. The females not getting their haircut was short lived with my class only. The policy then changed back to all females getting it cut initially, but then can attempt to grow it out. You can also bring a blow dryer which I would recommend as when I graduated the weather was starting to get cold around there.

Congrats @infinitepossibilities on your graduating!
Also, thank you for filling us in. Good to know!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Congrats on your commissioning! One of my sorority sisters was in your class. :)