• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Updated list of things to bring?

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
Is it possible to get this done while at the hospital on the second day? And thumbs up on mentioning the foam roller I will bring mine now.

You will never be denied medical. When it comes to getting it done on the second day it depends. The doctor is only there until 0900. So if they can get you in by 0900 then your on the gravy train. If you are driving, bring the roller and keep it in your car until you get the chit for it. If flying, you will have to leave it in your suit case or (lucky bag) until the chit is obtained

Jules_W

You will never be denied medical. When it comes to getting it done on the second day it depends. The doctor is only there until 0900. So if they can get you in by 0900 then your on the gravy train. If you are driving, bring the roller and keep it in your car until you get the chit for it. If flying, you will have to leave it in your suit case or (lucky bag) until the chit is obtained

Is the roller something that can be used in Candio phase, regardless of acquiring a chit?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If I recall, shin splints come up on some medical check in paperwork that you'll do the day you check in. You can probably get the ball rolling on it then or just bring it up on medical monday and be ok.

Jules_W

No. Get the chit. Guy In my class got in trouble for letting another person use his without clearance during candio. It's super easy. Don't lose sleep over it

Okay wouldn't want that, thanks for the advice. I just don't want any extra medical in my record that could hurt me in the long run and get me deemed NPQ by NAMI. Getting a doctor to give me a chit for the roller (basically acknowledging that I have something warranting the application of special attention) won't do that? Just trying to be safe.

Last edited:

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Okay wouldn't want that, thanks for the advice. I just don't want any extra medical in my record that could hurt me in the long run and get me deemed NPQ by NAMI. Getting a doctor to give me a chit for the roller (basically acknowledging that I have something warranting the application of special attention) won't do that? Just trying to be safe.
Can anyone out there shed light on the fear of NAMI? I feel like any navy doc is viewed as a demon who will burn you the first chance he/she gets; are we over thinking this? If my back is sore as hell one day and want to roll it out with a tennis ball or something do I need to consider NAMI viewing this as an injury waiting to happen down the road and my flight dreams are over?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I've looked and can't find a specific answer, but is there a specific type of shoe we should buy before OCS? Or any recommendations?
Don't get Nike Free's your feet will kill after all the standing you do.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Can anyone out there shed light on the fear of NAMI? I feel like any navy doc is viewed as a demon who will burn you the first chance he/she gets; are we over thinking this? If my back is sore as hell one day and want to roll it out with a tennis ball or something do I need to consider NAMI viewing this as an injury waiting to happen down the road and my flight dreams are over?
They aren't going to deem you unfit, unless you are unfit. If you get NPQ'd it because of that reason only medically you aren't qualified for aviation. They aren't the demons. You will be seeing them a lot. Once you are commission and in a flying status, you have a cold you have to go to the FS to get approved for cold medicine.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Don't get Nike Free's your feet will kill after all the standing you do.
are we able to switch out our pair of shoes after week 4 RLP? Mine will be about 6-7 months old at that point with a few miles on them and I bought a second pair that would be good for a replacement pair if I were to be so lucky

Mr Spenz

pilot
are we able to switch out our pair of shoes after week 4 RLP? Mine will be about 6-7 months old at that point with a few miles on them and I bought a second pair that would be good for a replacement pair if I were to be so lucky
RLP I believe is week three but yes after RLP you can switch them out.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
RLP I believe is week three but yes after RLP you can switch them out.
Myself and several others had 2 pairs of running shoes from the start. I had the ones I wore for check in and a separate, newer pair that I used for PT and RLP.

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
te="Jules_M, post: 788607, member: 52807"]Okay wouldn't want that, thanks for the advice. I just don't want any extra medical in my record that could hurt me in the long run and get me deemed NPQ by NAMI. Getting a doctor to give me a chit for the roller (basically acknowledging that I have something warranting the application of special attention) won't do that? Just trying to be safe.[/quote]

Dont worry about it. A roller has nothing to do with NAMI. Like i said, we had two people in my class with them. Including myself. Not a big deal. On top of that, i hurt my knee twice while i was there and had to do the clinic for rehab. As long as your ready to go when the PT test come around then your good. They give you ( I think ) 10 days of missed workouts before it becomes a big deal. Which could keep you from graduating.