• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

exNavyOffRec

If it helps anybody benchmark where they'd like to be, I was a non-select for SNA in June with 61 OAR, 6 AQR, and 5 PFAR, GPA of 3.38. If it had come down to a decision though, I'm not a private pilot and my LOR's were only from "Friends" (No employers or professors). It was also a highly competitive board so here's to hoping the next one is a little more generous for everybody.

It was not what I would consider highly competitive board, it was average, anything between 25 -75 percent is what was normal seen before the "select anyone" time.

HTR

pilot
It was not what I would consider highly competitive board, it was average, anything between 25 -75 percent is what was normal seen before the "select anyone" time.
With the scores im seeing from these guys im glad I got in the may board haha

Lancerr1

So just got off the phone with my local processor out of NORS Albuquerque. Question for you guys. My processor is currently holding onto my kit, saying they're not processing at NRC for pilot until she hears otherwise. If she's holding it, I'm afraid I won't make the next board (no idea how long she's planning to hold it or when she wants to send it in.) Is her timeline safe to go by or should I push her to send it to NOPO as soon as possible?

Reactions: HTR

Lore

We should work on your sense of humor, brother.
Submitting for October board SNFO

24 yrs old, non-prior
ASTB - July - 6/6/7 57
MEPS cleared in August, vision not good enough for SNA
Degree - BA History with 2.5 yrs mechanical eng school
GPA - 3.23
LORs - All civilian; including former Navy Intel, retired police, current Federal Secret Service, employers, pastor, teacher
2 hrs towards PPL, though not included in application.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Hey everyone! Been lurking but finally getting my package together and submitted before the board.
Nice work on those ASTB scores!
Submitting for October board SNFO

24 yrs old, non-prior
ASTB - July - 6/6/7 57
MEPS cleared in August, vision not good enough for SNA
Degree - BA History with 2.5 yrs mechanical eng school
GPA - 3.23
LORs - All civilian; including former Navy Intel, retired police, current Federal Secret Service, employers, pastor, teacher
2 hrs towards PPL, though not included in application.
Welcome to the wait!

exNavyOffRec

So just got off the phone with my local processor out of NORS Albuquerque. Question for you guys. My processor is currently holding onto my kit, saying they're not processing at NRC for pilot until she hears otherwise. If she's holding it, I'm afraid I won't make the next board (no idea how long she's planning to hold it or when she wants to send it in.) Is her timeline safe to go by or should I push her to send it to NOPO as soon as possible?

Well, we have just identified one person that is getting screwed.

FROG14

Naval Aviator
@NavyOffRec @RUFiO181

Question that I'm sure you have answered before, but I'll ask it anyway regarding age waivers. I'm currently enlisted in the Air Guard and have around a year active duty time. How do the age waivers work? I was told by my OR that it depends on your active duty time. The more active duty time the more time you get granted on your age waiver. In reading the navy regulation found in a different AW forum it sounds like a month for month (1 month active duty = 1 month extension on your waiver) exchange up to the cap.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec @RUFiO181

Question that I'm sure you have answered before, but I'll ask it anyway regarding age waivers. I'm currently enlisted in the Air Guard and have around a year active duty time. How do the age waivers work? I was told by my OR that it depends on your active duty time. The more active duty time the more time you get granted on your age waiver. In reading the navy regulation found in a different AW forum it sounds like a month for month (1 month active duty = 1 month extension on your waiver) exchange up to the cap.

I have had to convert a reservist time before, you convert it to AD time, then it is month for month, so if you have 6 months of AD time you can get a 6 month waiver if granted.