• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 IDC DCO Boards

Mar13 - Non-select
Sept13- Non-select
Mar14-Select
May14-Commission
Nov14-(DCOIC)

To improve my package I did the following things:
1. Rewrote my resume and motivational statement to reflect DEMONSTRATED leadership
2. Received my EIDWS pin
3. Achieved the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification
4. Got a new job with greater responsibility
5. Became LPO in my reserve unit
6. Received EP eval
7. Got a stronger CO recommendation
8. Re-sat my panel and OIC interviews until I had all 10s and 100% OIC confidence
9. Volunteered as a little league baseball coach

As you can see.. Its is a process. But after being commissioned for a few months now, it was 100% totally worth it!

Good afternoon all, this is my first post since recently joining this forum but I've been monitoring it for a while now. This is my first attempt at the DCO process, I just submitted my package as well for Intel Officer. After reviewing many of the applicants qualifications on this forum and others, I honestly have no idea how I will do. The competition seems fierce but here is my profile:

Navy veteran
3 WESTPACs
Last three evals: EP, MP, EP
Letters of Rec from BP Intelligence director, Command Master Chief, BP Chief, Army LT. Col
100% Confidence from Intel OIC
2 O-6 (IP/IW) members on panel
Bachelors degree in Intelligence Studies
Masters certificate in Geospatial Intelligence from USC
Currently working on Masters Degree in Geographic Information Systems Technology
Border Patrol Agent (5 Years)
Border Patrol Intelligence
Little League baseball coach

Good luck to everyone in the process.

EcuaC

Well, my medical has finally been approved. Received word yesterday that my waiver has been accepted and now will wait for com doc's to arrive. With the many speed bumps and hurdles that seemed to have appeared over the last several months, I can attest that I will have no problem waiting for com doc's to arrive!

bryanteagle6

Anybody have input into the fact that some of use did MEPS after selection and some did it before selection? If MEPS is done, do you think that could speed the process up after selection until commission?

ERP

I did MEPS already and have a package with the board meeting this week. I am really hoping that this speeds things up. My recruiter said that commissioning could occur within weeks after selection. I know it's more typically months based on what das and other have said, but my hope is that having medical taken care of in advance shortens the time to commission.

And by the way - I like the saying "You make your own luck", but I sure will take an extra helping of it for the results of this week's board. Same to all of you.

Last edited:
My recruiter just sent me a copy of the panel interviews, he said it looks really good and that I have a solid packet and that we should hear something soon. The suspense is killing me though! I just want to know already lol.

My recruiter just sent me a copy of the panel interviews, he said it looks really good and that I have a solid packet and that we should hear something soon. The suspense is killing me though! I just want to know already lol.

Outstanding panels and IDC recommendation should definitely give you a solid package. Our fate's have been determined by now though so hopefully tomorrow the results are sent out. Usually the same day someone post's the highlights from the board and all of the stats on how many were selected. Good luck!

Yeah, usually this forum is very active around this time and someone posts the results from the board. Maybe the usual people aren't tracking this time around.