• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Study Tips/Guidelines 20142701

Good to know. You saw the PPT on the UAV/Parking lot in the comment section right? Just double checking. It is important to put yourself in the aircraft and imagine your view looking in the direction the aircraft is HEADING. (notified by the red arrow in the mini map)
Look at the mini-map in the top left. The arrow is the direction the aircraft is heading. I then look at where north would be, based off the cardinal directions, if I were in the aircraft looking through the cockpit. If the Red Arrow is heading SOUTH, then the North parking lot will be closest and the South on the opposite side of the building. Once you are able to find out where the North parking lot is from the cockpit's view you can easily find the parking lot you are asked for. Once you are able to understand the thought process of how to solve these, make your own questions and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. This section of the ASTB should be a breeze, and easy points. It's hard to explain this well in text for me, if you have any further questions or this didn't help, message me and I can give you my personal phone number and we can walk through it together.

Morrison

ahh

Ah, I see it now! That helps out a ton. I think I just wasn't expecting the new parking lot change and it took me off guard. I really appreciate the help!

umich44

Could you explain the UAV portion a little more? I'm having a difficult time grasping the PPT. Does anyone have any more examples that could be helpful?

unclelou

duuude! same as ahh and umich44.
I missed soo many of them. I completely do not understand.
I studied the spatial apperception that had to do with with way an airplane is flying according to the picture and was perfect.
this test was insane, i probably missed something.

izlt

Thank you for your information. I would like to ask you how I can make sure that the new version of ASTB is released and previous version will not be graded? I just started contacting with OSO Gunny and said the version varies sometimes. I got some sources for ASTB study guide but afraid that the sources would be outdated and will not help boost my ASTB grade.

Sundevil106150

Thank you for your information. I would like to ask you how I can make sure that the new version of ASTB is released and previous version will not be graded? I just started contacting with OSO Gunny and said the version varies sometimes. I got some sources for ASTB study guide but afraid that the sources would be outdated and will not help boost my ASTB grade.

izlt search bar is your friend. There is a whole thread that goes into painful detail for the new ASTB-E and even PDF files giving an explanation/example of the UAV portion. It is literally at the top of the ASTB page. You just have to read through them. You even have people offering to give their numbers out to help people on the UAV section or other questions.

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/astb-e-apex-4-experience-dec-2013.41357/

RGVEnsign

Good to know. You saw the PPT on the UAV/Parking lot in the comment section right? Just double checking. It is important to put yourself in the aircraft and imagine your view looking in the direction the aircraft is HEADING. (notified by the red arrow in the mini map)
Look at the mini-map in the top left. The arrow is the direction the aircraft is heading. I then look at where north would be, based off the cardinal directions, if I were in the aircraft looking through the cockpit. If the Red Arrow is heading SOUTH, then the North parking lot will be closest and the South on the opposite side of the building. Once you are able to find out where the North parking lot is from the cockpit's view you can easily find the parking lot you are asked for. Once you are able to understand the thought process of how to solve these, make your own questions and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. This section of the ASTB should be a breeze, and easy points. It's hard to explain this well in text for me, if you have any further questions or this didn't help, message me and I can give you my personal phone number and we can walk through it together.

Morrison

As much as I look at these pictures and read and re-read your explanation I do not understand the answers. I know my N from S and E from W, but this just doesn't make sense to me. On the first picture, 'Select the SOUTH parking lot.' the aircraft is traveling S already so to me seems the south parking lot would be the far bottom and not the parking lot on the N of the building. Please help!! Can I send you my #?

RGVEnsign

As much as I look at these pictures and read and re-read your explanation I do not understand the answers. I know my N from S and E from W, but this just doesn't make sense to me. On the first picture, 'Select the SOUTH parking lot.' the aircraft is traveling S already so to me seems the south parking lot would be the far bottom and not the parking lot on the N of the building. Please help!! Can I send you my #?

Disregard hehe, thank you anyways!! I Figured it out!

ChristianM

I was also stumped on the UAV PPT for a long while. Took me a while but I got it.

Any idea where to find a good practice test for the ASTB? I know of one on Learningexpress.com but it isn't graded the same way as the ASTB is so I'm unsure about it.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was also stumped on the UAV PPT for a long while. Took me a while but I got it.

Any idea where to find a good practice test for the ASTB? I know of one on Learningexpress.com but it isn't graded the same way as the ASTB is so I'm unsure about it.
Have you READ any of the other threads on this site. There's lots of good recommendations in other threads.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Have you READ any of the other threads on this site. There's lots of good recommendations in other threads.