• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

JMac_11

Another Purgatory resident checking in.

Congrats to all of you that have recieved your FINSEL!
No one ever really explains that going through this process would require the patience of Job, but I'm glad to know I'm in great company waiting this thing out.

CAJ0520

As I am a dual process, I go to the Enlisted DEP meetings every other week and my enlisted recruiter has been showing me the emails my OR has been sending out asking the PM about my FINSEL every so often. So its good to see him working so hard for my benefit. Also to save him paperwork for when he discharges me from the DEP pool. Either way I know he is working hard for me, which puts my mind at ease. Just waiting patiently. ish.

LadyT

@CAJ0520 Congrats! As crazy as it may sound, I hope to make it to final select purgatory :) (and of course be selected afterwards lol)

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I was talking with my roommate's father last night (former Navy NFO in the EA-6B Prowler) and he mentioned the Navy puts out a suggested reading list for officers to read...

I looked the list up and now they also include movies... Something to do while here:

http://navyreading.dodlive.mil/
I was told I wouldn't have enough time for reading while I was there. They were partly right, but I still bought 1812: The Navy's War. Most of the reading was done in candio phase, when there was a bit more free time.

Leetwo

pilot
I was told I wouldn't have enough time for reading while I was there. They were partly right, but I still bought 1812: The Navy's War. Most of the reading was done in candio phase, when there was a bit more free time.
Oh, I didn't mean during OCS, but I see how I could have alluded to that. I meant during the wait till OCS and after OCS.

The list is interesting.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Oh, I didn't mean during OCS, but I see how I could have alluded to that. I meant during the wait till OCS and after OCS.

The list is interesting.
Oops, that was my bad, I must've thought this was the "stupid questions about OCS" thread. But yeah, even better, something to pass the time while waiting for that FS. Or waiting to class up for API, bring a book out to the beach, etc.

Jules_W

Checking out of purgatory somehow! Joining the September 21 OCS Class! Went from projected for January to getting a FINSEL for a class only 4 weeks away! Holy smokes I need to pick up the running and memorize everything!

That is awesome congrats!

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
Checking out of purgatory somehow! Joining the September 21 OCS Class! Went from projected for January to getting a FINSEL for a class only 4 weeks away! Holy smokes I need to pick up the running and memorize everything!

Not quite sure how they are issuing FINSEL for people accepted in July, if they haven't finished people in May. Especially for non age critical folks