• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O-4 List out (last year)

subreservist

Yeah, I'm IRR so apparently it doesn't matter if you're drilling or not. Or maybe it was OOD letter that pushed me over the top :rolleyes:

I think so...you wrote a letter to the board, showing you care about your career (and you are probably getting good years, also?), vice the IRR mbr, who probably doesn't know he's on the reserve books and obviously not doing anything active...and even some of those probably got selected if they just recently left active duty...lol!

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Lighten up Francis.
I think he was making a joke.

Its may be fun and games to the former active duty O-3s who leave active duty then affiliate and make O-4 in the reserves. After which they sit around and drill until you hit 20 years to collect your reserve retirement. However, as someone who came into the reserves as an ensign and has 6.5 years of active reserve orders (including an OIF mobilization), it is hardly a laughing matter to me.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Its may be fun and games to the former active duty O-3s who leave active duty then affiliate and make O-4 in the reserves. After which they sit around and drill until you hit 20 years to collect your reserve retirement. However, as someone who came into the reserves as an ensign and has 6.5 years of active reserve orders (including an OIF mobilization), it is hardly a laughing matter to me.
Dude - you're whining to the wrong audience at the wrong time . . . for a number of reasons. Career reservist - with 6.5 years of active service? Oh, and an OIF mobilization ??? Take the time to learn about some of the folks who post here instead of being so butt hurt about ridiculous, sophmoric comments that mean nothing.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor

You're not actually serious are you?

subreservist

To be quite honest, starting out active or reserve doesn't put you that far behind the 8 ball when making rank in the reserves. I don't know anything about you as far as rank, but if you are up for O4 and didn't make it on one of these last 3 cycles, where the promotion rate was extremely high (85%, 85%, 90%), you might have to focus more internally than externally toward your "suffering". Even 1305's were making O4 on the last board (don't know your designator, but if you came in reserve, you most likely don't have a pin if you're URL?).