• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API...living arrangments with dog

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I scanned through the other posts and it seems no one has really touched on housing in Pensacola recently.
My guess is that housing hasn't changed much since I lived in Pensacola back in '99. My personal opinion on the dog....bad idea unless you have someone (a boyfriend maybe) to take care of your dog for you. If you're an SNA and plan on living down by NAS P-Cola or Perdido while doing Primary at Whiting, you're crazy. Just my opinion of course.

keithdsouza

I have a question if someone can answer please do

If someone fails the mile swimming at API. do they send him home or in other words is he separated from the navy ?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a question if someone can answer please do

If someone fails the mile swimming at API. do they send him home or in other words is he separated from the navy ?
You've already asked that question in another thread. This thread has nothing to do with what you're asking. Please keep it topical.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Anyone have any insight on Angel Cove, Cypress Ridge or Crystal Lake?
I know it doesn't help you any since you already got a place, but just for anyone else looking...
I filled out an application at Cypress Ridge, it was kinda sketch but I ignored it at first. Got all the way to signing the lease. Then my parents called and said I might not want to live there after hearing about a meth lab explosion there this past winter. I was this close to living next to Walter White. A lot of the places on West Fairfield over there are similarly sketchy. Best bet is a gated place like Crestview @ Oakleigh or Cordova. I'm at Kings Mill, and it's pretty sweet, except the commute is killer, so unless you're looking for Whiting right after, it might not be ideal.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Thread resurrection time. Anybody have a favorite vet for their dog in the area? I have looked at other online reviews and found the East Hill Animal Hospital and the Hillman Veterinary Clinic have the best ratings. Has anybody had a poor experience with either one, or an awesome experience elsewhere?

Thanks.

VTFlyer

I used East Hill. I really liked the staff and facilities, they have separate full service grooming and boarding for large and small dogs. I used them quite frequently unfortunately because my dog has epilepsy. Compared to other vets I had been to they were a little more pricey for visits and overnight boarding. Over all, I would give them a great rating - only down side is the costs which shouldn't be too much of a killer if you are only taking your animals in a couple times a year.

WEGL12

VT-28
Awesome. Thank you for the info. Sorry to hear about your pup.

My wife took our dogs to the vet on Corry Station. Decent prices if I remember correctly. Good option if you are looking for the normal visit/shots. I don't think they offer any major procedures such as neutering, not sure if you need those services.