• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pistol qualification at OCS?

I saw pictures of the recent OCS class graduate on the Navy OCS Facebook page and almost everyone had a pistol ribbon. Does anyone know if OCS students get to shoot now?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I had an SNA OCS grad TAD with me back in April mention that OCS was in the process of opening up the gun range so it's possible.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The conventional Navy (minus Naval Aviation) runs the M9, so I'm guessing that's what the local MAs will have on hand.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Correct, the M11. Although I think I may have heard from webmaster (or maybe it was another P-3 guy) that they may have carried the M9. Helos carry the M11, and from my minimal exposure to the TACAIR side, they carry it as well.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Now this is change I can get behind. Hopefully they don't turn it into a miserable experience and smoke everyone who doesn't get Expert.
Eh, it's good fun and all but the qual will expire (6 mo) before anyone other than potentially SWOs get to use it. Kind of a waste of money... that is, unless, the DIs actually teach you proper shooting technique instead of just handing you a pistol, grilling you on safety, and then letting you have at it.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Eh, it's good fun and all but the qual will expire (6 mo) before anyone other than potentially SWOs get to use it. Kind of a waste of money... that is, unless, the DIs actually teach you proper shooting technique instead of just handing you a pistol, grilling you on safety, and then letting you have at it.

Shooting is like riding a bike. Sure the qual might expire, but the practice and experience doesn't. The next time you go at it you might be a little rusty, but it's better than nothing.