• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

acrjr718

I had the same issue 5 months out. You can be DQd in your initial physical; I just changed aspects of my life such as diet, weight and alcohol/caffine, the common sense stuff, and went from a consistent 150/95 to averaging 130/80. Most young people have high blood pressure because of lifestyle choices so switch it up and see what happens.

I average 125/70 at home. At MEPS it skyrocketed to 160/90 with a pulse over 100 and they eventually had to take a manual reading to let me squeak by. At the doctor's it's usually similar and my dad is the same way FWIW.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I average 125/70 at home. At MEPS it skyrocketed to 160/90 with a pulse over 100 and they eventually had to take a manual reading to let me squeak by. At the doctor's it's usually similar and my dad is the same way FWIW.
I am always in the clear with manual but idk if they do that at ocs

egiv

Actually, that's how I did it. I think that not knowing what to expect was fine. Probably better than dreading everything people on the internet will tell you is coming up.

Nothing wrong with that, but let's be clear that nothing about OCS is fun. I don't recommend losing sleep over what the DI might or might not do, but my single objective (and that of pretty much everyone there) was to get through in 12 weeks and no more. I'm not sure why anyone would risk extending their stay.

BeastMaster

Besides Appendix B, I want to go into OCS knowing very little. The surprise should make it more "fun"

At OCS, you will certainly recite B, PT, and yell; as long as you expect that, you will have "fun." Honestly lack of gouge is better than bad gouge, bad gouge being probably anything you hear on the internet or being told by your recruiter that OCS is like going to college (like a classmate of mine). The video on youtube is great, but it isn't gospel.

I'll counter what you hear from most on the internet, once you stop caring about what you're going through and choose to give 100%, OCS can be "fun." You will learn a ton if you keep your mind open from day one.

LET73

Nothing wrong with that, but let's be clear that nothing about OCS is fun. I don't recommend losing sleep over what the DI might or might not do, but my single objective (and that of pretty much everyone there) was to get through in 12 weeks and no more. I'm not sure why anyone would risk extending their stay.
I wouldn't say none of it is fun. I don't want to do it again, but if you go into it with the idea that it's going to be awful, it's probably going to be awful. And going into it without knowing what to expect is not the same as risking getting rolled. My 12 weeks (and no more) were mostly pretty entertaining.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I had a little bit of fun at OCS. You get out of it what you put into it. Sure we got yelled at but after class team left we all had some good laughs. The first few weeks aren't fun but once you start to get a little freedom it gets better. We definitely had fun in the chow hall during dinner. We had one dinner where the majority of our class "requested to retrieve more fluids or make a head call" just so the section leader had to continually stand up allow us too. We got put on our faces for it but it was worth it. Saying "nothing about OCS is fun" is bad gouge and definitely not the mentality you want to take to OCS (opinions are considered gouge). Just be in shape, work hard/yell loud, have fun and get out in 12 weeks.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Enjoy the workouts. Tell yourself that RPT doesn't matter, because it is still easier than regular PT. Enjoy the USS Buttercup and the fire trainer.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
anyone know if the NEX sells gshocks and if they are any cheaper? the watch I have is on the fritz and would just wait to get a new one until I arrive if we are allowed to purchase them at some point...

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
They should at least sell cheap Timex watches. I think if there is a watch you highly prefer, bring it and wait until we are authorized to use it, if not, wait.

jander12

pilot