• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 IDC DCO Boards

mcfattyrox

Anyone applying for this upcoming board in September? I'm almost done with the process. Just curious how everyone else is doing.

EcuaC

The process has been long in my case; as compared to others. I was selected during the March board and I'm still waiting for MEPS. My OR says my comissiong doc's are ready, but unfortanetly I'm stuck in a holding pattern with MEPS at this moment. It's a hurry up and wait game.

bryanteagle6

With MEPS on Friday, I am completed with my package. I was done with everything else back in May. My recruiter told me to wait on MEPS until late july at least. Is there any way to know how many ppl have submitted their package by the due date?! It seems like das always has that type of info?

Also anyone selected last or this march - when did/do you go to DCOIC?
ie. Commision date 5/1/14 DCOIC 8/12/14

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
I don't know if this will play into the next FY selections new DCO's in IDC or not but BUPERS put this out today:
"Pause on IST/COD
Ladies and Gentlemen,
In the past couple of months, I have reviewed several IST and redesignation packages. Although, we have had some candidates with exceptional backgrounds and a high level of motivation, the IDC is overmanned across the board. 1805 is manned at 103%, 1815 at 108%, 1825 at 113% and 1835 at 111%. In order to ensure that I don't further overburden the communities, we are no longer accepting ISTs or redesignations for the time being. Please tell service members who contact you to wait approximately 12 months and check back as the health of the community is dynamic and changes will occur with manning levels.
Thank you for the hard work all of you have done to help our community reach this high level of health. Please keep in touch as we finish out the FY and look forward to fall OPA.
Very respectfully,

IDC Reserve Officer Community Manager, BUPERS 318"

ERP

Just got my package submitted a few weeks ago for the September IDC board. I'm not sure about the exact date of the board, though. Spoke with my recruiter last week and he said it would convene "in about one month." I logged onto the public NPC site where I found a "Selection Board Schedule" but didn't see anything there. Anyone have any ideas?

das

Contributor
Reactions: ERP

bryanteagle6

Anyone that has already been selected in previous boards, would you mind sharing your rough time line of dates?
Example:
Selected. March 2013
Commision..... may 2013
DCOIC ...... Jan 2014
Etc.

das

Contributor
SEP09 - non-select
MAR10 - non-select
SEP10 - selected for IW
NOV10 - final select
DEC10 - comm docs
JAN11 - commissioned
APR11 - DCOIC
JAN-FEB12 - IWBC
MAY-JUN13 - IWO/IDWO
MAY14-? - MOB

das

Contributor
I started a Master's degree (almost complete by the time I was selected), reinterviewed with my IDCR board and OIC giving me 100% confidence ratings, fund-raised for a permanent endowment in the name of a late mentor of mine which now gives an annual scholarship to NROTC students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, added two O-7 and three O-6 interviews to my package (on my own, outside of my recruiter), and persisted until I got selected...

Reactions: ERP

EcuaC

Can some one confirm where the reserve NIOBC is completed. I've heard several things, one being that it is done at a unit closest to you, and the other being that it is done only at a handful of locations across the country. Any one know, or is currently completing the reserve portion of NIOBC? Thanks.

das

Contributor
Both are true: reserve NIOBC is only done at a handful of locations across the country, and you'll be doing it at one of those locations that has it that is closest to you. I don't have a list of them offhand, but one of the INTEL folks here might. For example, there is a large reserve INTEL unit that drills at Ft Sheridan, IL, outside of Chicago, but the nearest NIOBC is at the unit in Minneapolis.

EcuaC

Both are true: reserve NIOBC is only done at a handful of locations across the country, and you'll be doing it at one of those locations that has it that is closest to you. I don't have a list of them offhand, but one of the INTEL folks here might. For example, there is a large reserve INTEL unit that drills at Ft Sheridan, IL, outside of Chicago, but the nearest NIOBC is at the unit in Minneapolis.
Thanks das!