• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary Wait - Whiting

WEGL12

VT-28
In keeping with the them of the thread title, does anyone have any update on the current wait time for classing up for primary at Whiting?

Just going by the people I know in Whiting around 6-8 weeks. I know a few guys from my API class will wait closer to 10 weeks.

But it changes so quick it doesn't really matter until you check into the wing. My start up date has changed four times since arriving at TW-4. All through API, I heard the wait in Corpus was 2-3 weeks and everyone was getting VT-28. None of that info was current by the time I got down here. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Its around 4-6 right now. Weather has been great no cancelled flight during the month of August so people are classing up faster.
Just going by the people I know in Whiting around 6-8 weeks. I know a few guys from my API class will wait closer to 10 weeks.

But it changes so quick it doesn't really matter until you check into the wing. My start up date has changed four times since arriving at TW-4. All through API, I heard the wait in Corpus was 2-3 weeks and everyone was getting VT-28. None of that info was current by the time I got down here. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
What API class were you? Surprised you aren't classing up for Primary for another month.

WEGL12

VT-28
Its around 4-6 right now. Weather has been great no cancelled flight during the month of August so people are classing up faster.

What API class were you? Surprised you aren't classing up for Primary for another month.

I was in class 30-14. I checked into TW-4 in mid June. I was originally scheduled to start July 14. Then I was supposed to start last week but the day before they switched everyone classing up in the T-34. There is no one classing up in the 34 anymore. Right now I am scheduled to start in the end of September as the first T-6 class in vt-28. But I am now hearing that will be pushed back to sometime in October. Was excited to get Corpus because it seemed like it had the shortest wait time. All the guys I know in Milton are 2-4 weeks into ground/sims.

Mr Spenz

pilot
I was 31-14. Haha you were in API with the infamous "kiddy" FO. I was originally slated for 30-14 but got pushed back because there were to many students not enough seats.

WEGL12

VT-28
Whatever happened to the ole kiddy FO

Last I heard, he is waiting to face charges. I am assuming he is already out the military. Once the story came out about him being arrested it made everything a lot clearer about the guy. Weirdest person I have ever met by far.

WEGL12

VT-28
I was 31-14. Haha you were in API with the infamous "kiddy" FO. I was originally slated for 30-14 but got pushed back because there were to many students not enough seats.

I was almost in 31-14 but just made it back in 30-14 after the flood. I knew two or three people I went to school with in your class. I think one ended up not making it through API though.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Ya I think I know who you are talking about. The Auburn ROTC grad. Last I heard she didn't but had to wait for a final decision from the CO.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Yeah, we were all told not to talk to media or post speculation or anything about it and let the wing handle it. As it stands, he's stashed at the wing for now.