• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 November 2014

Peter89

This was posted on another thread on 18 July 2014.

National OPO

All - the July through Sept OCS classes have been filled - for the most part, with FINSEL letters pushed out to all applicable shippers. The team here at NRC will now start working to fill the 12Oct14 OCS class over the next 2-3 weeks and will be pushing out the FINSELs for that class at the same time as names are placed into the class. The hope being that we will have the 12Oct class filled with all FINSELs cut by the end of July. That will then allow us to start filling to two OCS classes in Nov (02Nov and 23Nov) during the month of August. If you questions about your FINSEL or actual or proposed OCS ship date, please talk with your recruiter. If you are a Fleet Sailor, please contact the OCS questions email address at ocsquestions@navy.mil

triplej88

This was posted on another thread on 18 July 2014.

National OPO

All - the July through Sept OCS classes have been filled - for the most part, with FINSEL letters pushed out to all applicable shippers. The team here at NRC will now start working to fill the 12Oct14 OCS class over the next 2-3 weeks and will be pushing out the FINSELs for that class at the same time as names are placed into the class. The hope being that we will have the 12Oct class filled with all FINSELs cut by the end of July. That will then allow us to start filling to two OCS classes in Nov (02Nov and 23Nov) during the month of August. If you questions about your FINSEL or actual or proposed OCS ship date, please talk with your recruiter. If you are a Fleet Sailor, please contact the OCS questions email address at ocsquestions@navy.mil

I hope it comes through in August, I was expecting the first part of September (If my unofficial stuck).

Kees

SNA Select
Has anyone received their FINSEL for the 2 Nov 14 class date yet?

My OR informed me that I would likely my FINSEL in hand about 2 months prior to the class start date (NLT 2 Sep 14). Just curious if any of you have heard anything more.

triplej88

Has anyone received their FINSEL for the 2 Nov 14 class date yet?

My OR informed me that I would likely my FINSEL in hand about 2 months prior to the class start date (NLT 2 Sep 14). Just curious if any of you have heard anything more.

Nothing yet for me either. Last thing my OR told me was it was sitting with the directors. I heard 60 days too. Hopefully we will get word before that.

triplej88

Just heard unofficial date of Nov. 2 out of Baton Rouge, LA. Look forward to meeting all you guys. Not looking forward to Rhode island cold, I've only experience 20 degree winters :0

Welcome! I have cold winters in the Midwest but I 've a feeling it's going to be worse running in it.

thuntfx2

Nothing yet for me either. Last thing my OR told me was it was sitting with the directors. I heard 60 days too. Hopefully we will get word before that.
National OPO blog is saying FINSELs for the Nov. 2 date will start being sent out during the last weeks of August and into September. Which means I would be expecting it somewhere around early to mid September. National OPO's information is usually spot on.

Mountainphansam23

Unofficially in NOV2 Class, haven't received my FINSEL yet either. Sounds like no one has yet for this class. Does anyone know what the most recent class that has received their FINSEL?

thuntfx2

Unofficially in NOV2 Class, haven't received my FINSEL yet either. Sounds like no one has yet for this class. Does anyone know what the most recent class that has received their FINSEL?
Yes the OCS class for 12OCT has been and is currently receiving FINSELs. Ours will be next starting in about 3-4 weeks.

triplej88

National OPO blog is saying FINSELs for the Nov. 2 date will start being sent out during the last weeks of August and into September. Which means I would be expecting it somewhere around early to mid September. National OPO's information is usually spot on.

Thanks. I hope it comes towards the early part of September. We have to give 60 days notice at our place, the wife is going to stay with her parents while I am at OCS. Does anyone know if FINSEL would get us out of the 60 day requirement with the lease?

thuntfx2

Thanks. I hope it comes towards the early part of September. We have to give 60 days notice at our place, the wife is going to stay with her parents while I am at OCS. Does anyone know if FINSEL would get us out of the 60 day requirement with the lease?
You will have to make sure the lease has a military clause, which most do. But in that case then yes, your FINSEL is military orders and will break your lease as well as qualify you for any military leave with your current employer