• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 November 2014

Peter89

I'm unofficially in this class. I would be interested to know when you guys start getting FINSEL letters.

Kees

SNA Select
I'm unofficially in this class. I would be interested to know when you guys start getting FINSEL letters.
My OR informed me that FINSELs should be out at least 2 months prior to the class date (≈ 2 September 14). This is not confirmed, but if we haven't heard anything by then, questions will be raised.

triplej88

So, what are you gentlemen doing to prep for OCS/API?

I've just been getting up early in the morning to run and work out before work (seeing as how they will be waking us up before dawn for PT I thought that would be a good place to start), but I haven't really been doing anything as far as studies.

Does anyone know of any kind of study materials to get us ready for OCS?

Kees

SNA Select
They have an OCS prep guide full of memorization items. Other than that, not really.

triplej88

My OR said that I will receive the prep guide after I sign my FINSEL, is that what your OR said? Was really hoping to get it before that.

Kees

SNA Select
My OR said that I will receive the prep guide after I sign my FINSEL, is that what your OR said? Was really hoping to get it before that.
My OR gave me the book when I got my Pro-Rec Y. I'd recommend going to the Navy OCS website, academics/memorization items link. That gouge will get you started.

Kees

SNA Select
I've been doing this program in the gym and it is killer. I hope the link works without a login, I can't seem to find a clean URL from the site.

http://my.bodybuilding.com/workouts...b6ff8ea61e?context=FINDER_LIST&slug=codypland

It's called the MFT28: Greg Plitt's 4 Week Military Fitness Trainer

Additionally, I have been running every few days; I need to step up my running game more though.
I've looked into the program, but am steering clear of supps. Can't use that stuff in aviation.

binoly

I'm patiently waiting for the next SWO board. Hoping to join this class or an earlier one.