• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

National OPO

@National OPO Thank you for the updates. Is there a December class following the 23Nov class or will they wait until January since the mid-December range would only be there for a week or so before Christmas? Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a scheduled OCS class in the month of Dec. Its convene date is 14Dec14. And Yes, OCS does often given the Officer Candidates some time off over the holiday period. Unsure if it is traditionally 10 days or something different, but they will usually get around to tell us here at NRC in the Oct-Nov timeframe as to what their Holiday schedule will be both for the their staff and for the Officer Candidates that are in attendance at OCS.

National OPO

All - just want to make you aware that the FY14-Fy15 PROBOARD schedule, CNRC Notice 1131, dated 18Jun14, has been signed out, distributed, and released to the public at the Navy Recruiting Command's Directives page - http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/nrc_directives.htm. The schedule is Enclosure (4) and is listed by community. Feel free to refere to this document to know when future PROBOARDs might be scheduled for both active duty and reserve officer programs.

CAJ0520

So my recruiter told me today that on Friday my FINSEL was " Being routed" and he hopes it is signed today. Unsure what being routed means but is that likely? From what @National OPO has been saying, I assumed it should take a bit longer since I was Pro-Rec SNA from the board just last month.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So my recruiter told me today that on Friday my FINSEL was " Being routed" and he hopes it is signed today. Unsure what being routed means but is that likely? From what @National OPO has been saying, I assumed it should take a bit longer since I was Pro-Rec SNA from the board just last month.

It means your FINSEL letter is being sent to the applicable staff members at NRC to be reviewed and ultimately signed/released.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So my recruiter told me today that on Friday my FINSEL was " Being routed" and he hopes it is signed today. Unsure what being routed means but is that likely.....
Actually, it means, in the middle of a 6-inch high stack of paper in PN2 Pete's in-box, soaking up grease from the corpse of Pete's week-old mouldering:eek: Big Mac!;)
BzB

CAJ0520

Actually, it means, in the middle of a 6-inch high stack of paper in PN2 Pete's in-box, soaking up grease from the corpse of Pete's week-old mouldering:eek: Big Mac!;)
BzB
I suppose being in the middle of the stack is better than being at the bottom of it! Small wins here people.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Quick question: If they do not hold another board until Oct but they are still allowing kit submissions for SNA does that mean some people will not make the board considering the amount of applicants or will they hold a huge board? I feel like it hinders your chances because of the number of applicants. Thoughts?

National OPO

Quick question: If they do not hold another board until Oct but they are still allowing kit submissions for SNA does that mean some people will not make the board considering the amount of applicants or will they hold a huge board? I feel like it hinders your chances because of the number of applicants. Thoughts?

Chris - all applications on hand at the time that we cut off new applications will be reviewed and adjudicated. As complete and accurate applications are received, they are processed and go "into the pile" to await the next board. Then once a board date is decided upon here within NRC, we will cut off new applications a few days prior and conduct the board to review all applicants on hand. I would suspect that as the field focuses efforts on closing out other officer programs between now and 30Sep14 that we wont get or have a MASSIVE pile of applications whenever it is that we decide to hold the board - which definitely wont happen until after 01Oct14.

binoly

Chris - all applications on hand at the time that we cut off new applications will be reviewed and adjudicated. As complete and accurate applications are received, they are processed and go "into the pile" to await the next board. Then once a board date is decided upon here within NRC, we will cut off new applications a few days prior and conduct the board to review all applicants on hand. I would suspect that as the field focuses efforts on closing out other officer programs between now and 30Sep14 that we wont get or have a MASSIVE pile of applications whenever it is that we decide to hold the board - which definitely wont happen until after 01Oct14.
Thank you for the info sir.

binoly

@National OPO can you comment to the status of the upcoming scheduled IDC board? Is it still on track to take place and how long do IDC results typically take to get published to the fleet? I believe I saw them taking I significantly longer than pilot/nfo/SWO. Thank you.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@National OPO can you comment to the status of the upcoming scheduled IDC board? Is it still on track to take place and how long do IDC results typically take to get published to the fleet? I believe I saw them taking I significantly longer than pilot/nfo/SWO. Thank you.

IDC board still scheduled for September from what I know. If you want know the exact dates, NOPO attached a link to the FY14-15 board schedules a few posts back. As for timelines, talk to a few of the IDC selects here and they can tell you how long they've waited, but yes expect to play the waiting game for a while.

Last edited:

National OPO

IDC board still scheduled for September from what I know. If you want know the exact dates, NOPO attached a link to the FY14-15 board schedules a few posts back. As for timelines, talk to a few of the IDC selects here and they can tell you how long they've waited, but yes expect to play the waiting game for a while.

All - Yes, the next AC IDC board is still scheduled for 15Sep14 with applications due to us here at NRC no later than 06Aug14. The results for IDC boards often take 2-3 weeks to come to NRC from the community and before we are able to release them to both the Fleet and the NRDs. So with the board of 15Sep14 (assumes that it kicks off exactly on that date, which is outside of NRC's control and up to the IDC community), then I would expect to be able to release the results to the field around 03Oct14 or 06Oct14. But that is merely an estimate.