• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API to Primary Wait - Whiting

DCrow

SNA Primary
Update. For navy at whiting field the wait is about a month. Marines are classing up in as little as a couple weeks.

Any word on the wait to class up for primary for TW-4 and TW-5? I should be getting to Corpus mid August. My roommate got Whiting. Also any info on when the transition will be complete to the T6?

Last edited:

BleedGreen

pilot
Any word on the wait to class up for primary for TW-4 and TW-5? I should be getting to Corpus mid August. My roommate got Whiting. Also any info on when the transition will be complete to the T6?
The wait in Corpus is a month on average. Supposedly the last T-34 class was filled last week but that can always change.

That's good news. I heard it was really backed up in Corpus. Less backed up at Whiting. I heard Whiting is around a month wait to class up as well currently. I was expecting 2+ months. Hopefully they make that transition T6 official this time.

WEGL12

VT-28
That's good news. I heard it was really backed up in Corpus. Less backed up at Whiting. I heard Whiting is around a month wait to class up as well currently. I was expecting 2+ months. Hopefully they make that transition T6 official this time.

I am scheduled to class up in August with VT-28. They were telling us we may be the last T-34 class but the transition may drag out into the fall. Current wait is 6-8 weeks in Corpus.

I get down there mid August so I probably wont class up until September/October. That sucks, but hopefully they make the transition by then. How do they decide if you're in VT-27 or VT-28?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
They convene a board and go over everyone's records from their commissioning source and API...afterwards they have a selection committee that quality spreads students evenly between each squadron. The process is complicated and sometimes students are redesignated if their records fail to meet the criteria for either squadron.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
They convene a board and go over everyone's records from their commissioning source and API...afterwards they have a selection committee that quality spreads students evenly between each squadron. The process is complicated and sometimes students are redesignated if their records fail to meet the criteria for either squadron.

Now you're just being mean.

Don't listen to him, everyone knows that it's a voodoo enchantress that decides the future.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
I get down there mid August so I probably wont class up until September/October. That sucks, but hopefully they make the transition by then. How do they decide if you're in VT-27 or VT-28?

Depends on what week you check in. You can request one squadron with StuCon if you want but it really depends on whether you enjoy social interaction or not. If you don't, you will be sent to VT27.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Just relax and do what your told.