• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Flight Physical

bgrams429

We don't have Av-B8s in the inventory. AV-8Bs are a different story.

Don't be overweight (that's more a a USMC wide thing). There are taller dudes than you flying jets.

Yea...that's what I meant... Please forgive my ignorance.

Regardless, good info to have. Good thing I'm not overweight then huh. Thanks for your input!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Hope this thread is still valid, but... what kind of body comp do they look for for fixed-wing pilot (i.e. Av-B8, F/A-18)? I know I can ace the physical minus the uncertainty that I may be too tall at 6' 3"...

p.s. thanks for all the info this is awesome

I'm 6'3-4ish. For us non-manlets it comes down to sitting height and femur length. I've seen bigger guys than me flying who have all their height in their legs, and smaller guys who were NPQ'd because of their sitting height.

av8ion

Extremely helpful post. I still never got my wisdom teeth out.. should I do that before I go down or does that not matter?

alphaape06

Extremely helpful post. I still never got my wisdom teeth out.. should I do that before I go down or does that not matter?
Dont waste the money. I had all of mine in when I went. They just recommended I get them removed. Good luck!

av8ion

So I've got another question... I've been having some funky reactions (hives) to workout supplements the past month or two. In attempting to determine what was causing it, I've been going on-and-off various supplements the past few weeks. Well ~10 days ago I chugged a ton of BSN Syntha 6 and I've been breaking out like crazy ever since. Considering that it's taking awhile to breakdown in my system, I think it's the glutamine peptides. I leave for my physical on Sunday.. do you think this is going to affect my physical at all? My body literally has red bumps all over it, it's a bit ridiculous. lol I'm hoping it'll clear up by then, but who knows.