• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tell about your experiences with verbal chaos at AOCS, OCS, NROTC or the USNA.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I love this stuff...especially when flying with another former AOC at Delta Air Lines...which is quite often.

I graduated from AOCS Class 41-86 on 28NOV86 and these were some of the verbal chaos episodes that have been etched upon my wee brain...

"Thiscandidateisacandidatedoesthecandidateunderstand?"

What? The above quotation was the response by a final week indoctrinating Candidate Officer (Candy O) if you referred to him as "sir". It was stated exceedingly fast and it took me about a week to figure out what the hell was going on with this one. The proper response was to refer to the indoctrinating Candy O as "candidate" since they had not been commissioned yet. Really?

"Chit on my desk, required information failure to know!"

What? The above quotation was the response by our USMC Drill Instructor if you received a demerit for whatever. It was stated exceedingly fast and initially I (and many others) believed he stated "Shit on my desk, required information failure to know!" Really? That's just too nutty. Upon discussing this with fellow AOCs, we believed we were to NOT shit on his desk and do something else.

Please share your verbal chaos experiences.

Cheers,

Collin

Last edited:

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
"Discipline!
D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E!
Discipline is the instant willing obedience to orders, respect for authority, and self-reliance!
Freeze, candidate, freeze!"
Said before almost every single meal I had at OCS, and also in the communal heads during indoc phase.

Also, someone always does this during indoc week:
Indoc: "Sir, this indoctrination candidate requests permission to speak to officer candidate!"
Candio: "'Officer candidate'?? Did you just demote me??"

There are tons more, these are just the first few that came to mind. FYI I went through OCS Newport March-July 2013.