• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 April 2014

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
So, the date is fast approaching and I can't get a clear answer from my OR.

Outside of the above items, do we need to bring anything else? Are we issued the rest or purchase any additional needs (t-shirts/socks/etc)? Any harm in bringing extra and just having it placed in storage? Currently packing and getting together.

Clear answer? Now that would make too much sense and be way too easy! :)

That said, a general forum search helps, but these should get you started:

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/stupid-questions-about-ocs.22736/

http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/updated-list-of-things-to-bring.40619/

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I'd say bring a little bit of cash, but not much. You need some for the haircut at least, and if you want some spare for the NEX, that might be handy, but don't do the whole Inception thing where you bring $500 in a wallet that's worth even more than that. I'd say no more than $100 plus checks and/or bank card. If checks or cards are stolen, you can cancel them, but if cash is gone, it's gone.
Also, I don't know how the OCS stockpile of Gold Bond has changed since I went there, but if it's not issued anymore, bring a bottle. Sweet menthol-y Gold Bond. And shower shoes/sandals. It's a far cry from the communal heads of Old Nimitz, but anything you can do to avoid athlete's foot/related fungi.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I'd say bring a little bit of cash, but not much. You need some for the haircut at least, and if you want some spare for the NEX, that might be handy, but don't do the whole Inception thing where you bring $500 in a wallet that's worth even more than that. I'd say no more than $100 plus checks and/or bank card. If checks or cards are stolen, you can cancel them, but if cash is gone, it's gone.
Also, I don't know how the OCS stockpile of Gold Bond has changed since I went there, but if it's not issued anymore, bring a bottle. Sweet menthol-y Gold Bond. And shower shoes/sandals. It's a far cry from the communal heads of Old Nimitz, but anything you can do to avoid athlete's foot/related fungi.
Idk. I'd bring more than $100 because everyone goes crazy during RLP time of year.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Idk. I'd bring more than $100 because everyone goes crazy during RLP time of year.
Yeah but you don't need cash for all that, you can use debit/credit card or checks. And if you do, there's an ATM just across the parking lot. I'd just be hesitant to bring a lot of cash after our class had a few incidents regarding some cash that went missing.

TECle

SWO bound, Class 1414
From
So, the date is fast approaching and I can't get a clear answer from my OR. The OCS Required Paperwork says we only need to bring:
6 pairs of underwear
Shaving gear with blade replacements
Toothbrush/paste and floss
Deodorant
Soap/Shampoo
Nail Clippers
Glasses with strap (if applicable)
Contacts (if applicable)
Running Shoes
Alarm Clock/cell phone with charger/wristwatch/wallet/checkbook/bank card

Outside of the above items, do we need to bring anything else? Are we issued the rest or purchase any additional needs (t-shirts/socks/etc)? Any harm in bringing extra and just having it placed in storage? Currently packing and getting together.

--
Cheers.

From what I've been told you can look at it as if you were to go in with nothing. Bring the items told to bring. Anything you don't have, we will be able to purchase at the store on base. Anything you need and forgot can be purchased once we arrive. No worries man.

JamesL37

Does anyone else have yet to receive orders for OCS? I'm still waiting for mine... Also, I received an itinerary from my OR, and it says I will arrive in Rhode Island around 1700 April 27. Anyone driving who would be willing to give me a ride from the airport? I'm coming from California.