• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you ever used the Sig LE/Military discount program. I've been shopping for a 226 and am wondering if the discount is worth the hassle.
I tried it. I'm not impressed, though to be fair I seem to be an outlier. My squadron did a group buy that was supposed to arrive November of 12, IIRC. Paperwork got gooned up, and I got put in for a stainless 1911 instead of Nitron. I don't realize this until the wrong pistol shows up. Gun shop is cool about it and reorders the right one. Then Newtown happens and everything goes sideways. I go on cruise. I periodically check. I come back from cruise. Still no pistol. Dealer says they have no idea when it'll be here. SIG says to talk to the dealer. Going on 14 months now. Good grief.

OscarMyers

None
I tried it. I'm not impressed, though to be fair I seem to be an outlier. My squadron did a group buy that was supposed to arrive November of 12, IIRC. Paperwork got gooned up, and I got put in for a stainless 1911 instead of Nitron. I don't realize this until the wrong pistol shows up. Gun shop is cool about it and reorders the right one. Then Newtown happens and everything goes sideways. I go on cruise. I periodically check. I come back from cruise. Still no pistol. Dealer says they have no idea when it'll be here. SIG says to talk to the dealer. Going on 14 months now. Good grief.

That happened when I ordered a Walther PPK last year. No one knew then they would produce or ship them yet brand new ones kept popping up on gunbroker. I ended up just canceling the order and picking up a XDs. The same afternoon that I paid for the XDs Springfield released the recall message....

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Expensive for a Glock but I went ahead and purchased it....glad I did. It's a Gen 3 G17 modded by Zev Tech, their Tier 1 mods. That includes the Zev Tech Duty Flucrum trigger, stippling, Zev Tech sights and polished internals. The trigger is rated at 3.5lbs and I measured it, two pulls were 3.5 and one was 3.25lbs. The trigger is light, smooth, crisp break with a short, sweet and crisp reset. I love this thing, to the point I want to send my G19 to them. Zev Tech did the mods in house, everything was done just right. The only thing I've added since is a larger mag extractor and G34 mag release.

Next to my home defense gun, my Gen 4 G17.

azguy

None
Bunk, I see your home defense piece is essentially stock. I've heard that's the way to go, for legal reasons, with HD weapons, thoughts?

If so, I take it the Gen 3 is just for the range?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My home defense has a 3.5lb connector but otherwise stock. Plenty of information on modded versus stock guns....still no clear definite case of someone getting into trouble using a modded handgun though I'm sure it's out there. With that said, I would not carry a gun that has a 3.5lb trigger...or less. The 3.5lb connector simply smooths the trigger out, still about 5.5lbs worth of pull. You're right though, the Zev Tech modded Glock is going to be a range gun, not for home defense.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I have a Glock factory 3.5lb connector in both my 19 and 21 SF. It sure makes a difference. azguy I subscribe to the "judged by 12 rather than carried by 6" school of thought as far as legality in a self defense shooting goes. I want to hit what I'm aiming at first. The rest will take care of itself.

azguy

None
azguy I subscribe to the "judged by 12 rather than carried by 6" school of thought as far as legality in a self defense shooting goes. I want to hit what I'm aiming at first. The rest will take care of itself.

My advice is to buy a weapon you're comfortable firing out of the box. *Caveat -- this is for home defense only, I'm all for having a fun range gun.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My NFA stamp came in today and picked up my newest toy. It's a BCM factory SBR with an 11.5 in barrel. I just added a Magpul stock, LTM A2 iron sights and an old school small diameter carbine handguard. My plan has always been to use an LTM SOPMOD stock, a Knight's rail and probably an Aimpoint T-1 on this weapon.....but it's so light and well balanced in this simple config I'm going to shoot her like this for the foreseeable future. Frankly I could do without the bright BCM logo but this one is getting painted eventually anyway so no big deal.

Now if I could just break my Saker 5.56 suppressor out of jail I'd be really happy.

SBR1.jpg

SBR2.jpg

Last edited:

OscarMyers

None
Originally I was going to attempt an LE/Mil purchase through Sig until i found this lil guy at Bobs in Norfolk for the same price. Apparently Bobs is trying to move a lot of Sig Sauers so they can become an official Sig distributor, hence the good pricing. A standard P226 was going for $820. I'm looking forward to breaking her in this weekend.

Also does anyone participate in the IDPA Matches at Norfolk county range?

Sig.jpg

GroundPounder

Not the coolest thing that has ever been posted here, but as its my latest purchase I guess it fits the bill.

Just got it in, have not had the chance to run anything through it yet. $315.00 Blue Label.ResizedImage_1393946530208.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally I was going to attempt an LE/Mil purchase through Sig until i found this lil guy at Bobs in Norfolk for the same price. Apparently Bobs is trying to move a lot of Sig Sauers so they can become an official Sig distributor, hence the good pricing. A standard P226 was going for $820. I'm looking forward to breaking her in this weekend.

Also does anyone participate in the IDPA Matches at Norfolk county range?

View attachment 13455

I have the Navy version before the Mk25 and love it but wish it had the SRT. Time for an upgrade (trigger I mean)!!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Purchased these two Sig's before I left for Afghanistan, so they are in the can't wait to shoot when I come back category. Now I'm a self admitted Sig-a-holic so both guns are Sig's obviously. Anyway, the first is the new Sig 556xi. It's their latest version of the 556 rifle, a modular system in that you can swap out the barrel for a .300 Blackout or bolt and barrel for 7.62x39. I probably won't do the AK round but will do the blackout, less expensive to do. My LGS got to shoot it at the SHOT show, loved it. They never push a product and they sell much higher end makers of AR's, AK's, etc than Sig so I trust their judgement.

The second is the Sig PM400 pistol. Now I already have an M400 and it has been rock solid, a great mid level AR15 IMO. I wanted a SBR AR but don't feel like waiting, paying the tax stamp, etc (I will eventually) so I opted for the PM400 with the stabilizing brace. It has the 11.5" barrel so some loss in velocity but IMO, it's for 300 yards or less.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not a latest purchase, but...

For no other reason than I was bored, I decided to mess around with paint. Actually pretty fun. I think it needs a little green added, but otherwise I was surprised how easy it was to Barbie it up.

Attachments

• DSC_0256.JPG
    DSC_0256.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 39

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The saga continues. I got a call whilst on AT that my 1911 finally arrived. So I show up to the shop. Apparently 19 months isn't long enough; the State of Washington still needs their 7 day waiting period, and I have to sign the ATF and state paperwork all over again because it expired. Oh, and SIG somehow put the wrong grips on the pistol to boot. At this point I'm just going to say "fuck it" and fix that glitch myself. I think this experience qualifies as hazing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The saga continues. I got a call whilst on AT that my 1911 finally arrived. So I show up to the shop. Apparently 19 months isn't long enough; the State of Washington still needs their 7 day waiting period, and I have to sign the ATF and state paperwork all over again because it expired. Oh, and SIG somehow put the wrong grips on the pistol to boot. At this point I'm just going to say "fuck it" and fix that glitch myself. I think this experience qualifies as hazing.

I looked up the "Blue Label" prices for Sig stuff online (from Sig) and while the prices were decent, I found that being patient on Gunbroker from a dealer got me a 90% solution "now" rather than 19 months. I'm glad you posted your earlier frustrations, otherwise I probably wouldn't have my sexy MK25 sitting in my safe.

Now to figure out if I should leave it stock or go with a SRT...