• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Former Marine Infantryman with questions about going Navy Pilot (help a crunchy out)

Hey Gents,
I put this in here because it had a shit ton of threads and responses, so there needs to be a couple here. I m looking for some advice from any former Marine grunts turned Navy pilot. I have some questions about the finer points of OCS and training, and I would like to get the opinions of some guys that have dealt with the same nonsense I have. I spent 3 years with 3/6 from 05-08(also a short stint with 1/9 for training) and then Fox 2/25 to 2010... YUT

exNavyOffRec

Do you mean NFO? You have passed the max waiverable age for Pilot as you need to be commissioned by age 29 for Pilot, it is 31 for NFO.

Do you mean NFO? You have passed the max waiverable age for Pilot as you need to be commissioned by age 29 for Pilot, it is 31 for NFO.
I understand that, But i am in contact with a few captains that are pilots where I am am right now, and have been advised of some different routes, and have solid relations with a couple general officers, either way I am looking for some info from prior Marines who who have gone through OCS and flight training as an NFO or Pilot on the Navy side. Thanks for your response though, it is much appropriated.

all ages for officer programs are "commissioned by" ages so take the max age and go back at least 3 months, that gives you time you need to be in OCS by.
I have done all the research, I understand the "commissioned by" requirements. As I said, I have been advised of some other options that I plan to pursue. If in the end, NFO is the only option I can take, then so be it. The purpose of this thread however, is as stated above. This is a bit off topic. Again, thank you for your insight.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Try searching for "Skeeterman" on the site and then the reference won't sail over your head.

Jarhead, I think the problem you may be running into is that you're asking people for advice on making the transition to the Navy and then you immediately tell the same people that some of the rules don't apply to you. That's probably some of the reluctance in helping you that you're getting.