• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Recruiter in mid-Atlantic area

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
Good morning everyone. My name is Chris Napierkowski, and I am a previous active duty recruiter now working on the reserve genoff side, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I know some people have a bad taste in their mouth from interactions with recruiters, either from incorrect info or no info at all. If you are someone that I end up talking to, my goal is be up front and honest. I will say that I don't have every answer, but I will do my best to find someone that does. Also, feedback is certainly welcome and requested!
If you are looking to join and are in the PA/NJ/DE/MD area, send me an email at christopher.napierko@navy.mil and we can talk there. My goal here is to hopefully be another resource for answers, but from a perspective that may not normally be available on here.

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
LT, how about those of us in NoVA?

Thank you.

I can certainly answer your questions if you have them. NRD Richmond covers the Northern Virginia area for submitting applications. If you are looking to become a Reserve Officer, you can call 202-579-0239, and on the active side, 301-394-0502. If you're not able to get in touch with someone, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
LT,

Thanks for the info. I'll reach out to them.

A general question: What can you tell us about the state of the service right now? How do you foresee the USNR weathering the next few years as we draw down in Afghanistan and face more budget battles?

Thank you.

ReserveOfficerRecruiter

pilot
This is all just based off of personal experience, but in my opinion, I don't see major decreases to recruitment numbers going forward. The Navy made their major reductions a few years ago, so there shouldn't be a major change like there will be in other services. The budget battles could certainly change things, but as of today I don't see any real issues. What I have seen is an increase in applicants for officer programs, especially highly qualified ones, making the selection rates smaller.