• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

INTEL & IW OCTOBER BOARD 2013

MSAUZI101

CS3 - US Navy ( and OCS Applicant)
I am current Enlisted, and I have finished my OCS package for #1 Intelligence, #2 Information Warfare. I will be submiting my package next week, and waiting for October 14th IDC Board. I have few questions would like to ask with regard to the forthcoming board

1. How many people might be selected for Intelligence? I have been reading here, some said is around 20 to 50 applicants. Not sure whether such number is including the previous board of February/March 2013? Or this number is only for October Board?

2. The same question applies to Information Warfare, how many people, quota for October board?

3. I know for Intel about 60% is for technical degrees, what about percentage wise for current active duty and civilians? Does it matter which group are you or all applicants are in one pool regardless?

4. How many applicants generally usually apply for Intel and Information Warfare? Just roughly number, I know few people will be selected, just want to see competition wise etc

I am sorry for many questions, some might be answered here, I new member just wanted to know.

V/R

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're asking us to take the time to answer your questions, yet YOU haven't bothered to take the time to properly fill In your profile.... which helps us give you better answers! Is that fair?:rolleyes:
BzB

MSAUZI101

You're asking us to take the time to answer your questions, yet YOU haven't bothered to take the time to properly fill In your profile.... which helps us give you better answers! Is that fair?:rolleyes:
BzB

I filled the profile but some information I put them as private/not visible. Fairness is to answer or not answer the question. I have filled the profile, but didnt want to put my full identity visible. I dont know what information you would like to see to answer my questions.

V/R

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I filled the profile but some information I put them as private/not visible. Fairness is to answer or not answer the question. I have filled the profile, but didnt want to put my full identity visible.
We are not asking for private info such as name, SSN, bank acct/credit card #s, PINs, family stuff, private stuff, etc. By filling in general info such as your Navy goals (desired training pipeline, career goals), Univ./major, hobbies, present job & so on. The profile is there to help us know you a bit, and give you quality answers/advice. Why bother putting anything there, if you block it from the experienced dudes who make an effort to address your questions?:confused:
I dont know what information you would like to see to answer my questions.
See above .... all I can see is you're a guy/birth month/day & USN active (rate/specialty/base would be nice?). That's everyday stuff. If you feel this is prying, that's your call. Since your determination of fairness is different than mine, then personally, I won't waste my time and yours, by giving you less than the best quality answers or advice.:rolleyes:
BzB

MSAUZI101

We are not asking for private info such as name, SSN, bank acct/credit card #s, PINs, family stuff, private stuff, etc. By filling in general info such as your Navy goals (desired training pipeline, career goals), Univ./major, hobbies, present job & so on. The profile is there to help us know you a bit, and give you quality answers/advice. Why bother putting anything there, if you block it from the experienced dudes who make an effort to address your questions?:confused:

See above .... all I can see is you're a guy/birth month/day & USN active (rate/specialty/base would be nice?). That's everyday stuff. If you feel this is prying, that's your call. Since your determination of fairness is different than mine, then personally, I won't waste my time and yours, by giving you less than the best quality answers or advice.:rolleyes:
BzB

My apology....tried to update some info, but I will write here little about myself

I am CS3, been in the Navy for like 8 months so far. I enlisted because at the time of joining the Navy I was Green Card holder, so didn't qualify to apply direct for the OCS. So enlisted, became U.S Citizen, received Security Clearance...then qualify to apply for the OCS

My background: African immigrated to the USA in '08 as Fulright Scholar and University Professor. Then became language and cultural instructor to Navy SEALs and SWCC before enlisting last year.

Education: BA Political Science and Language Studies
MA Peace and Justice Studies (emphasis on Conflict Resolution, International Relations etc)

Languages: English and Swahili (currently receiving FLPP as native swahili speaker)

V/R

exNavyOffRec

I am current Enlisted, and I have finished my OCS package for #1 Intelligence, #2 Information Warfare. I will be submiting my package next week, and waiting for October 14th IDC Board. I have few questions would like to ask with regard to the forthcoming board

1. How many people might be selected for Intelligence? I have been reading here, some said is around 20 to 50 applicants. Not sure whether such number is including the previous board of February/March 2013? Or this number is only for October Board?

2. The same question applies to Information Warfare, how many people, quota for October board?

3. I know for Intel about 60% is for technical degrees, what about percentage wise for current active duty and civilians? Does it matter which group are you or all applicants are in one pool regardless?

4. How many applicants generally usually apply for Intel and Information Warfare? Just roughly number, I know few people will be selected, just want to see competition wise etc

I am sorry for many questions, some might be answered here, I new member just wanted to know.

V/R

1. That number is what you see for the entire FY.
2. usually 20-30
3. all applicants are in one pool, generally the overall percentages for those selected for IDC from AD is higher than other designators, this doesn't mean your chances are better as many times significantly more people apply for IDC from AD, there are also significantly more that apply without tech degrees, so those that do have them have a much better chance.
4. It varies, I have seen it where the selection rate was about 3% of those applying.

FYI, IW essentially requires calculus and physics, they often list not having that as a "significant negative factor"

Halstead

hello,

I would imagine all factors of your application package are considered.
For example: I was a double major in accounting & law, went to law school, interned rather than attend class duringyears 2&3. Wrapped up a Liberal Studies degree to later come back and finish the other 6 s units for my BABS. I have the soskills and education in addition to having taken IT classes and calculus.

I would hope everything woukd be

Halstead

would be .
sorry for typos...this is on the phone...and a glitch occured...unable to cursor on thid site.