• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Bronco

Lurking Member
It was sent back before the convening board and you still didn't make the deadline after resubmitting? That's ridiculous if that's the case. That's what I'm afraid is going to happen to my application and I'm missing out on other opportunities b/c I'm trusting my OR. I'll call him in a couple days and see where this paperwork was sent. I hope it doesn't have to repeat previous steps going through NRD, NRC, blah blah blah ...:mad:

Ey man, this is a job app. They don't owe you anything, least of all the time of day. You're lucky you get to be part of the process, it's not like that elsewhere. And probably don't want to be putting all your eggs in one basket anyway.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
I made the same switch, wonder if I'll get sent back as well.

My NUPOC app was officially submitted before I changed my mind (OR submitted it an hour before I showed up for our appointment to talk about aviation). I don't think there would have been paperwork had I decided before then.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope it doesn't have to repeat previous steps going through NRD, NRC, blah blah blah ...:mad:
WTF?
Ey man, this is a job app. They don't owe you anything, least of all the time of day. You're lucky you get to be part of the process, it's not like that elsewhere.
Mr. Trousers, time out for attitude check. Bronco is right on target... read and heed!:rolleyes:
BzB

caburt1

I am about to bring back a topic that has been discussed before.

So, I was contacted to meet with my background investigator today. Has anyone else been contacted recently?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA

So, I was contacted to meet with my background investigator today. Has anyone else been contacted recently?

I've been through the whole process already. Have a specific question?

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I have had guys selected for SNA that had one paragraph motivational statements, of course their PFAR was 8 or 9
I'm pretty sure I have two small paragraphs and 6/6/6 54 lol. But those paragraphs were pretty straight forward. I didn't BS anything. Hopefully the board likes what I had to say and doesn't view it as cocky or arrogant. I'm a very confident person, hopefully not too confident.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor

I haven't been contacted and I'm in regular contact with everyone that is listed on my forms. No one has said anything..

brogdawg32

My personal statement filled almost the entire area. The paragraphs were short and had page breaks to make it easy on the eyes...but I definitely used my space

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
What do they ask?

They pretty much just verify everything you put down in the NASIS paperwork. Former addresses, employers, schools, friends, roommates, spouses, family, and foreign contacts. Then a bunch of yes/no questions like have you ever been contacted by foreign agents and are you a terrorist. Don't try to be funny and say yes. The meeting took about an hour, and the FBI guy was pretty nice. Once they confirm all the information, they start hunting down all the people you listed and setting up similar meetings for them with their local FBI field office. They ask them questions about you like if there's anything someone could use to blackmail you, did you run a meth lab out of your house, did you take a lot of trips to the Russian consulate recently, that kinda stuff. Basically, if you've got nothing to hide it's a breeze.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Mine was 430 words in basically 2 paragraphs. One to explain why I wanted to join the Navy, one to describe why they should pick me, and then a couple sentences for why aviation in particular. I can copy it if anyone cares to read it.