• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not taking anymore SWO applications for this fiscal year

kncarlton

My recruiter told me that the board is not taking anymore SWO applications until October. Did anyone else applying for OCS hear about this from their recruiter?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My recruiter told me that the board is not taking anymore SWO applications until October. Did anyone else applying for OCS hear about this from their recruiter?
I'd be very careful taking this as gospel, often on here recruiters give out conflicting information on board conveneing dates. Don't be caught with your completed package in hand, when a board date is pushed ahead,:eek:... or a 'rolling' board convenes suddenly and/or unannounced. Sometimes AW is more up to date than some local recruiters (thanks to RUFIO and his gang of AW resident recruiting gurus!):)
BzB

AE2ENSIGN

I was told the same thing by my recruiter as well. But, from what others have said on here. SWO boards are rolling. So I'm starting to piece my package together now, so that I can be ready to submit when I have to.

navy2014

I thought being closed for fiscal year meant that they weren't taking any more people that will commission this fiscal year? Meaning they will still do some boards, but those people won't be going to OCS until at least July (since 3 months after July would = commissioning in the next FY).

Asked this elsewhere, but I tend to ramble, and this is an appropriate place to ask--

If my application is complete and waiting to be submitted now, do you think it's a better bet to hope that a SWO board convenes this spring/summer or submit to other (harder to get) communities first?

RiseR 25

At OCS, the class ahead of me was predominantly SWOs and my class was about half SWOs, 1/3rd Aviation, and a mix of the other communities left over. I wouldn't be surprised if the Navy has filled its SWO billets for the next FY or so, but I could be wrong. SWO was actually to my surprise a very competitive community to get. Those Candidates (now Ensigns) had good GPAs, although non-tech mostly ;), and were well rounded in their extra-curricular activities in college. Make sure your packet is competitive no matter which community you apply for.

azguy

None
SWO was actually to my surprise a very competitive community to get. Those Candidates (now Ensigns) had good GPAs, although non-tech mostly ;), and were well rounded in their extra-curricular activities in college.

Don't be too surprised, I know a few -60 pilots that wanted SWO first choice coming out of USNA and ended up in P-Cola to fill seats.