• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Not for non "poor-people" it isn't.

The douche factor of this thread went up exponentially two posts ago. Congratulations, you got a credit card. This isn't "American Psycho", no one fucking cares what color your card is.
zDcF7.gif

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Not for non "poor-people" it isn't.

The douche factor of this thread went up exponentially two posts ago. Congratulations, you got a credit card. This isn't "American Psycho", no one fucking cares what color your card is.
Pretty sure he was joking...at least that's how I took it. The words "lighten up Francis" come to mind.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does anyone know if the Chase United MileagePlus Club Card comps the membership fee? They have a $395 annual fee as well, but since it's a Visa, it's a little more practical for overseas travel (ie. accepted more).

mdubs

pilot
If anyone is interested, AMEX will give you both the Platinum and Gold Premier Rewards cards for no fee. My wife and I have both cards (total of 4) linked to the same account. We use our Premier Rewards on everything (double points for gas & groceries, triple points for airfare) and the Platinum for travel stuff (lounges, airline credit, rental car bennies, etc.) All of our bills are charged to the Gold Premier (cell, electric, etc.) This way you get all the travel perks for the Platinum and all of the extra points for the Gold. It adds up real quick and you pay no fees at all, as long as you tell them about Service Members Civil Relief Act.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
If anyone is interested, AMEX will give you both the Platinum and Gold Premier Rewards cards for no fee.
It was my understanding that Amex doesn't charge annual fees on ANY of their cards as long as you're AD. I went with Blue Cash Preferred as my everyday card. 6% cash back on groceries up to a $6k annual limit (but you can't use places like Wal-Mart or Costco's, and I'm not sure yet if the Commissary counts), 3% cash back on gas, 3% cash back at certain department stores (most of the big ones, like Macy's, Dillards, Penney's, etc.), and 1% on everything else. Plus the signup bonus was $250 for spending $1,000 in the first 3 months, although I think the standard one is $100 unless you get the offer in the mail or look for pre-selected offers on the Amex website, which is what I did.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Alright gents, word on the street is that we also qualify for card fee rebates on Citibank cards as well. That includes the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard. Anyone know of this or tried it? There's one guy online I've seen anecdotally, but wanted to see if this was indeed a thing.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Both Citi and Chase told me that I needed to have the account prior to entering active duty for them to give me any type of SCRA benefits or waive annual fees. I have heard of some people getting lucky though.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Both Citi and Chase told me that I needed to have the account prior to entering active duty for them to give me any type of SCRA benefits or waive annual fees. I have heard of some people getting lucky though.

I had this same experience with Chase. I was pretty disappointed.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Part of the merger between AA and USAirways is resulting in tightening up Club access. Both AA and USAir have severed their club access via AMEX Platinum or the Priority Pass benefit (that was USA only, never AA). But a USAirways Club host told me that she knows some AMEX customers have bitched to AMEX and the company then pays for regular membership at USAirways clubs. May work for the AA Admirals club too. I haven't called them yet myself.